Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Twins DFA Liam Hendriks

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,240 Times in 493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    So... how long does the DFA process take? Is Hendriks by now cleared of waivers? Or, was the announcement that he'd been DFA'ed a signal that he had already cleared?
    Waivers last 72 hours. I'm guessing that he was waived and DFA'd at the same time.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Waivers last 72 hours. I'm guessing that he was waived and DFA'd at the same time.
    When a player is DFAd a team opens a 40 man spot immediately, but they have 10 days to figure out what to do with the player. They can trade the player, or waive him. Since waivers last 3 days, they would have to waive him NLT 7 days after the DFA.

If waived and unclaimed, he can be sent to the minors.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,240 Times in 493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    When a player is DFAd a team opens a 40 man spot immediately, but they have 10 days to figure out what to do with the player. They can trade the player, or waive him. Since waivers last 3 days, they would have to waive him NLT 7 days after the DFA.

If waived and unclaimed, he can be sent to the minors.
    Details, details...
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,182 Times in 629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Details, schmeetails...

Fixed it for you.

5. This user likes twinsnorth49's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

snepp (12-08-2013)

Senior Member All-Star cmathewson's Avatar
    Liked 461 Times in 290 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I'm completely shocked. He's the youngest of the pitchers on the 40 man roster who could have been removed by a bit. He's had AAA success. He's got the velocity and the 2ndary pitches. I hope he does get claimed and turns out great. Of course, he could clear waivers and go back to Rochester.
    He does not have the secondary pitches. And his fastball is too straight. He'll clear waivers and possibly pull a Mike Trombley. But that's the best we can hope for.
    "If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

Liked 32 Times in 23 Posts
    Blog Entries
    According to MLB Trade Rumors, the Padres and Diamondbacks have interest in Liam Hendriks. I don't think he's gonna clear waivers if that's what we do with him.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 65 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danchat View Post
    According to MLB Trade Rumors, the Padres and Diamondbacks have interest in Liam Hendriks. I don't think he's gonna clear waivers if that's what we do with him.
    So the question is was trading Hendricks the plan all along? DFAing him puts the pressure on whoever might want him to give their best offer over the winter meetings. Out of any of the pitchers they could trade he has good AAA numbers and is only 24 with one option left. Probably won't be much but who knows.

Senior Member Double-A SgtSchmidt11's Avatar
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Isn't he already off of waivers? He's cleared now isn't he?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtSchmidt11 View Post
    Isn't he already off of waivers? He's cleared now isn't he?
    Not necessarily. He was DFA'd on the 5th. They have 10 days to decide what to do with him. So he doesn't have to be placed on waivers until the 11th or 12th to allow enough time for the waiver process to complete in the 10 day DFA window.

Quote Originally Posted by Dman View Post
    So the question is was trading Hendricks the plan all along? DFAing him puts the pressure on whoever might want him to give their best offer over the winter meetings. Out of any of the pitchers they could trade he has good AAA numbers and is only 24 with one option left. Probably won't be much but who knows.
    I wondered the same thing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345