Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Miguel Sano

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Did something happen to Sano last night? He was pulled in the top of the 7th and is not in the game tonight.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I can only say that Sano was stretching and playing catch with teammates before the game tonight and looked fine.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good to know, thanks

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sano returned to the lineup on Sunday afternoon in Cedar Rapids. He went 4-6 with a walk, two doubles (28), his 27th home run and 3 RBI. He also stole his eighth base of the year. His 3 RBI gives him 97 on the season.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Today, Miguel Sano was named to the Midwest League's postseason All Star team. He was also named the league's prospect of the year.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Congrats to Sano. Hopefully FM is just a brief stop next year.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Today, in the final game of the regular season, Sano hit his 28th home run, a solo blast that gave him 100 RBI, a very nice milestone number.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Here is the game article with quotes from Sano (through translator Tim Shibuya) on reaching 100 RBI. http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...&tcid=tw_share

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    A nice Perfect Game article on Sano, the movie and how much he's grown over the year. I like the part when Nelson Prada mentions that Sano had 30 errors in the first half and just 11 in the second half. They had him start taking ground balls at SS during batting practice which really helped his range at 3B as well.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/...x?article=7615

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 137 Times in 83 Posts
    there's a nice video of sano at the above link. Despite his high strikeout rates I don't see a long swing. I see a relatively compact, powerful swing. I also see less up and down head movement than a video from 2 years ago. He still dips his head/shoulders a little when he triggers his swing but mostly it's front to back body movement. tbh - I'm surprised that his swing hit 28 HR's since he's not overswinging at all. that really shows how much raw power he has and why he's ranked so highly.

note - I don't watch a lot of video and someone more knowledgeable could have a different (better) analysis.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Tweet from Peter Gammons this afternoon: "As a longtime admirer of most things Twins, am happy to get 3 Miggy Cabrera comps on Miggy Sano in the Instructional League"

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Check out Miguel Sano's 4th home run last night in the Dominican Winter League.

Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I knew Sano was getting big, but he seems to be getting Delmon Young kind of big now. Looks like he's proficient at hitting taters as well as possibly consuming taters.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    I knew Sano was getting big, but he seems to be getting Delmon Young kind of big now. Looks like he's proficient at hitting taters as well as possibly consuming taters.
    Miguel seems to definitely like him some home-cooking. Sure, he's approaching Delmon-like girth now, but he's only 19. At this rate he's on pace to be the next Big Papi or Prince Fielder. Doesn't look good long-term for him playing much 3B in the majors. Hopefully, TR has a nutritionist on call in Fort Meyers.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 864 Times in 555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Check out Miguel Sano's 4th home run last night in the Dominican Winter League.

Hey Seth! Did you notice that Samuel Deduno got the win against Sano's team that night? He went 6IP/4H/1BB/9K. For the season he's pitched in 5 games, 20 Innings, 26Ks/9BBs...and get this.....0.00 ERA. If you can get a report or know if he's pitching in the WBC, it would be much appreciated!

Sano's numbers after a small sample of 18 games are nearly ridiculous:

317/431/683/1114

Edit: Mea culpa, I just saw your article. Still, what's the buzz on Deduno offseason, going into next season?
    Last edited by jokin; 12-18-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456