Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Miguel Sano

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Sano staying at 3B has been a controversial subject. I once was fairly entrenched in the camp of "Keep him at 3B". As we all know this is an ever changing world. It appears obvious to me now that Sano will have to move over to 1B or one of the corner OF positions. The Twins already have their 3B of the present and future... Trevor Plouffe!

We have no idea what Trevor Plouffe's status will be 2-3 years from now. We don't know if he'll be able to stay at third, etc. etc. You should let Sano play third base for a year or two longer and if he's showing no progress then you move him. You can give him some reps at 1st or right field and it shouldn't take a long time for him to adjust.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd Furgeson View Post
    We have no idea what Trevor Plouffe's status will be 2-3 years from now. We don't know if he'll be able to stay at third, etc. etc. You should let Sano play third base for a year or two longer and if he's showing no progress then you move him. You can give him some reps at 1st or right field and it shouldn't take a long time for him to adjust.
    My comments by no means were meant to be negative on Sano. Keep him at 3B as long as you can. Make sure he can play 1B, RF and LF effectively also. Versatility creates options and value. Mr. Turd, I know you are not a Plouffetist and that is okay and your choice, I am a Plouffetist and I spend many hours meditating to find my inner peace with Plouffe... my Plouffetist center. I can assure you my fellow Twins Dailian - that Plouffe is the answer.

24 errors is a lot at this point of the season, but I just don't understand how he's still using an OF glove.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tweet from Jon Morosi minutes ago: "#Twins 3B prospect Miguel Sano impressed at the MWL All-Star Game. “Special player,” one scout said. “Can’t take your eyes off him.”"

He was 0-1 with a walk in the game last night.

Blog Entries
    Tonight, Miguel Sano went 2-4 with a walk to raise his average to .240... He also hit his 16th home run. It was his first homer since June 11.

It's a small sample size, but Sano is picking it up a bit since the All-Star break. He's sporting a .906 OPS in his past 36 plate appearances since the All-Star break.

Blog Entries
    Miguel Sano connected for his 18th home run of the year. He was 2-3 with a walk. Stole his sixth base.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    very long article but worth it...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/story-o...A52rMSBkE5nYcB

Blog Entries
    He may have hit his 18th homer last night and even hit his 17th double tonight... but he was removed from the game for a pinch hitter in the 4th inning tonight after committing THREE more errors. He has 31 on the season.

Wang-Wei Lin pinch hit for him. AJ Pettersen had been playing LF, moved into 3B... he immediately committed an error at 3B.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Seth... Anyone... Is there something specific about his defensive play. Hands... Arm accuracy... Feet. We are talking about a ton of boots here.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sano had three more errors tonight. Maybe his size and tools would work better in the outfield.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He will be a first baseman and there is no reason to have him consider anything else. If they want to move him to LF first, that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by shanewahl View Post
    He will be a first baseman and there is no reason to have him consider anything else. If they want to move him to LF first, that's fine.
    Why wouldn't he be able to play RF? That's a position where his arm would play up. Anyway, it's a crap ton of errors but it's still too early to conclude that he'll be a first basemen and don't consider anything else.

Alright, what's going on with Sano? He had a 3 error game and was taken out early. Since then he missed yesterday's game and isn't in the lineup for today's game either.

Blog Entries
    Alright, what's going on with Sano? He had a 3 error game and was taken out early. Since then he missed yesterday's game and isn't in the lineup for today's game either.
    Yes, is he injured or is he just getting a rest?

Blog Entries
    He is injured, and I'm trying to figure out the severity of it. Deducing from various conversations I've heard, it doesn't sounds serious, but sounded like a few days off would be great for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Seth... Anyone... Is there something specific about his defensive play. Hands... Arm accuracy... Feet. We are talking about a ton of boots here.
    I can only speak about the game I attended a few weeks back, but all three came into play. He was having trouble getting the ball out of the glove, which looked huge for an IF glove. His throws were solid, but all were high. He has a stutter step that probably is caused from trying to get the ball out of his oversized glove.

Blog Entries
    Why wouldn't he be able to play RF? That's a position where his arm would play up. Anyway, it's a crap ton of errors but it's still too early to conclude that he'll be a first basemen and don't consider anything else.
    Yes, why couldn't he be a potential all star outfielder? Isn't he pretty fast and have a strong arm?

I hope that the injury is minor.

Blog Entries
    Was just told that Sano has been out with a IT Band/Thigh strain.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast