Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hicks

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 195 Times in 120 Posts
    Baseball America did a write up on Hicks today - http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/...ent-for-twins/

"Hicks, 22, is hitting .284/.379/.456 in 93 games for the Rock Cats, numbers that have been boosted by his .355/.459/.581 slash line in July and have brought his OPS up to eighth in the Eastern League. All of the tools and athleticism are still there for Hicks, it's just a matter of him showing he can string together at-bats like he has in July over the course of a full season. This past month has certainly been a positive sign"

Curiously, Hicks started in LF Sunday for the first non-CF start since 2010 (12 in RF for Beloit that yr).
    Could they be getting him used to other OF spots for a Sept recall (since Gardy would never play him in CF over Revere/Span)

I wish they would have traded Span just to get him out of CF! Revere tracks down so many more balls and Spans arm is so much better than Revere in RF! Now we're going to move a gold glove caliber talent in CF (Hicks) to LF for Span? I sure hope not!!

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Hicks will be manning CF in Target Field soon enough, they shouldn't displace Span this Sept for the hell of it.

Hicks 1-4 w/bb run scored & 3SBs today. Now 5th in Eastern Lg in SB....leads lg in runs scored w/76 (one over Chris Hermann) & is 10th in Lg in OPS

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Hicks 1-4 w/bb run scored & 3SBs today. Now 5th in Eastern Lg in SB....leads lg in runs scored w/76 (one over Chris Hermann) & is 10th in Lg in OPS
    Has anyone run the numbers on the stolen base attempts organizationally? Has there been a recent franchise shift to a much more agressive stance on the base paths? Perhaps to prepare for a more team-speed approach and piranha-ball in 2013? (Goodbye Morneau and Span?)

Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Missed last inning....Hicks finished 1-5 & Hermann tied him with run scored w/76 and he's also 2nd in Eastern Lg in walks with 61
    Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 08-05-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Since the last update, Hicks has slightly increased his triple slash line to .278/.377/.466 and he's shown nice improvement in his plate discipline, too. His krate has fallen to 20% and his walk rate has increased to 13%. His ISO is .169. He has 27 SB in 37 chances (73%). And he now has an OPS above .800 from both sides of the plate. He's having a really nice year.

Any way you cut it, his numbers look great. Ive been looking at em since his June (19th)return from his ankle injury.
    49gms 60/185 .324/.429/.535 50runs 99TB 11doubles 6triples 6hr 25rbi 44k 33bb hbp 13/18sb

already career highs in triples/HR/RBI/SBs & is a wk away from highs in runs/hits/total bases/XBH....BAve & SLgg in full season yrs are a high also
    Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 08-09-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Also showing hit skills from both sides of the plate, would like to see him get a cup of coffee this season. Much more upside than both Span and Revere.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    #2 on this week's Baseball America Prospect Hot Sheet: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2613883.html

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    #2 on this week's Baseball America Prospect Hot Sheet: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2613883.html
    Yep, really nice season.

A spot on the hot sheet definitely deserves it.

This looks like another first round pick that wont work out for the Twins.

Senior Member All-Star
    Hicks is continuing to hit well, improving a bit to .282/.380/.453. He has an OPS over .800 from both sides of the plate. TR apparently suggested that Hicks could be a September call up and, frankly he deserves it but I'm not sure where the at-bats would come from. They need to keep Span in CF to keep his trade value up during the offseason. Willingham isn't losing AB. If they did call up Arcia and Hicks (and Parmelee), they'd have to find some AB for them in RF with Revere. So, I guess we'll see. Anyhow, Hicks had a great season at AA and we should see him on top 100 lists again.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Hicks is continuing to hit well, improving a bit to .282/.380/.453. He has an OPS over .800 from both sides of the plate. TR apparently suggested that Hicks could be a September call up and, frankly he deserves it but I'm not sure where the at-bats would come from. They need to keep Span in CF to keep his trade value up during the offseason. Willingham isn't losing AB. If they did call up Arcia and Hicks (and Parmelee), they'd have to find some AB for them in RF with Revere. So, I guess we'll see. Anyhow, Hicks had a great season at AA and we should see him on top 100 lists again.
    Well Mauer, Willingham, Morneau and Doumit can sit on the bench a bit more late in the season. All 3 are gonna be around for a few more years so no shame is resting them more in September. That gives ample playing time to Parm, Hicks and Arcia.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    I agree, no need for Doumit to play the rest of the year, really. but Morneau needs to keep playing for the tiniest chance they can deal him. No team is going to sit Willingham or Mauer more than 1-2 times a week the rest of the way, though. They are both on various leaderboards and needed for "attendance" purposes. So not sure how a team with this record can say this, but their best prospects might not see much time this September....which is hard to understand for a team with this record.
    Lighten up Francis....

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I agree, no need for Doumit to play the rest of the year, really. but Morneau needs to keep playing for the tiniest chance they can deal him. No team is going to sit Willingham or Mauer more than 1-2 times a week the rest of the way, though. They are both on various leaderboards and needed for "attendance" purposes. So not sure how a team with this record can say this, but their best prospects might not see much time this September....which is hard to understand for a team with this record.
    Morneau I can hear you on for trade value, but "attendance purpose" for Willingham and Mauer...come on. Sitting Willingham and Mauer is best for them as they've played a ton this season and best for the team as it gives the team a chance to look at some kids. Hell I'd sit Willingham now just so he has no chance to injury himself and kill his value.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Offseason Changes!

This offseason needs to reflect a drastic overhaul!

Trade Willingham for a solid top 20 starting pitcher in the league.
    Trade Span for a middle of the road starting pitcher
    Trade Morneau (if you can) for young starting pitching for the minors
    Trade Carroll for anything

Here's the lineup next year:

Revere - CF
    Hicks - RF
    Mauer - C
    Arcia - LF
    Parmalee - 1B
    Plouffe - 3B
    Florimon/Escobar - SS
    Dozier - 2B

Pitching Rotation:
    1.) Scott Diamond
    2.) (Starter traded for Willingham)
    3.) (Starter traded for Span)
    4.) Hendricks/Hermson
    5.) Kyle Gibson

Let's get this youth movement started and stop wasting time!

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    [QUOTE=DPJ;47991
    Morneau I can hear you on for trade value, but "attendance purpose" for Willingham and Mauer...come on. Sitting Willingham and Mauer is best for them as they've played a ton this season and best for the team as it gives the team a chance to look at some kids. Hell I'd sit Willingham now just so he has no chance to injury himself and kill his value.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, but I don't run the Twins....my post was a prediction of what the Twins would do.
    Lighten up Francis....

Jim Callis chat from yesterday:

• Kevin (MN): Is Aaron Hicks a top 100 type at this point?

Jim Callis: With his tools and his bounceback year in Double-A, I bet he makes it when we do another Top 100 next spring.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast