Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Future of Twins Daily

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 155 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Future of Twins Daily

Last night on the Talk to Contact podcast, I talked a bit about the origins of TwinsDaily and was asked about its future. What would everyone out there like to see TwinsDaily tackle in the future?

Thanks,
    John

2. This user likes John Bonnes's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (11-28-2013)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Brad Swanson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Bridman77
    Liked 56 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure how possible this is, but some sort of "cover it live" type action during games would be great. My vision would be similar to how ESPN does their Daily Dime Live during NBA games. There would be the TD guys kind of running things, rotating, answering questions, facilitating discussion and whatnot. Then us pleebs in the crowd could follow along and add our two cents. Could be fun.
    Works on contingency? No, money down!
    Kevin Slowey was Framed!

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,485 Times in 778 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    I'd like to see you tackle a framework that allows users to have their like buttons while not suffering through agonizing load times.
    Well, the like button has returned and speeds have been just fine for me over the past two weeks. Are you still having problems?

5. These 4 users like Brock Beauchamp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Don't Feed the Greed Guy (01-17-2014), Gene Larkin Fan Club (01-17-2014), johnnydakota (11-27-2013), twinsfan34 (11-27-2013)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Swanson View Post
    I'm not sure how possible this is, but some sort of "cover it live" type action during games would be great. My vision would be similar to how ESPN does their Daily Dime Live during NBA games. There would be the TD guys kind of running things, rotating, answering questions, facilitating discussion and whatnot. Then us pleebs in the crowd could follow along and add our two cents. Could be fun.
    It's something we've bandied about in the past... We just need to figure out how to implement it without it consuming a huge portion of John, Nick, Seth, and Parker's time.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 104 Times in 66 Posts
    mlbtraderumors.com twins feed widget top right hand corner. Also a possible suggestion, put a twitter feed of twins city beat writers widget somewhere on homepage. Much like what ESPN does. Just ideas. I usually come here third after checking ESPN and MLBtraderumors. 17 times daily that is.

8. This user likes Twins Twerp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Gene Larkin Fan Club (01-17-2014)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    mlbtraderumors.com twins feed widget top right hand corner. Also a possible suggestion, put a twitter feed of twins city beat writers widget somewhere on homepage. Much like what ESPN does. Just ideas. I usually come here third after checking ESPN and MLBtraderumors. 17 times daily that is.
    I think you mentioned that in another thread and I thought it was a great idea (the MLBTR point). I'll look into it and see what can be done.

10. This user likes Brock Beauchamp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

James (11-27-2013)

I mentioned this to you guys in the past but I think you guys should do more traveling shows. Meaning, when the Twins are on the road in cities like Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee, Kansas City, etc. you should do podcasts and Twins gatherings in those cities. Do a pub crawl or reserve an area that is all Twins fans. I live in Kansas City and would love to help host an event down here at a brewery or something. There are Twins fans everywhere and I think Twins Daily can play a part in expanding the fan base.

Also, you guys should consider selling Twins Daily merchandise. May seem silly, but I'd buy them (mugs, t-shirts etc.).

13. This user likes Smcginnity's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Gene Larkin Fan Club (01-17-2014)

Or maybe do a watch party for the good 'ol days. Like rent a place to watch the '91 World Series Game 7. That would be a cool event/gathering

15. This user likes Smcginnity's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

James (11-27-2013)

Sorry, I'm in sales and marketing so clearly I like this kind of stuff

Actually, if you sell merchandise for a profit, all profits after covering costs can go towards hosting a Twins Daily community event at a bar or something.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    An MLBTR feed has been added to the front page and all article pages. It has no title at the moment, though... I'll have to work on that later.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 430 Times in 261 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, I suspect that you all guys have day jobs and knowing that one can probably make more $ per hour panhandling at the right corner than with Adsense, I suspect that this thing is not profitable enough for you to hire full time people, so there are a few big constraints here...

I think that you have done great and truly created the best Twins content portal out there. I suspect that it will grow organically in the future as different opportunities arise for you all. There are a few little technical things, but these are just details (btw, Brock, could you up the title character limit on blogs and posts by like 50?) I am certain that this site will continue to improve and grow.

One thing that you should not do, and I really do see the potential risk here: the more and more you get closer to the Twins staff (and you are doing this) the more risk there is to cherish this "access" and stop being critical of the organization in fear of losing it. We got the mainstream media for this Just a thought

Congrats and thank you.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

20. This user likes Thrylos's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Don't Feed the Greed Guy (01-17-2014)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    I think that you have done great and truly created the best Twins content portal out there. I suspect that it will grow organically in the future as different opportunities arise for you all. There are a few little technical things, but these are just details (btw, Brock, could you up the title character limit on blogs and posts by like 50?) I am certain that this site will continue to improve and grow.
    Huh. Never realized that was a problem. I'll look into it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    One thing that you should not do, and I really do see the potential risk here: the more and more you get closer to the Twins staff (and you are doing this) the more risk there is to cherish this "access" and stop being critical of the organization in fear of losing it. We got the mainstream media for this Just a thought
    Trust me, this is something we're very cognizant of and talk about fairly regularly. We try to keep a respectful distance from the organization to maintain a "level head" and balanced analysis.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 352 Times in 175 Posts
    Vikings. Wild and Timberwolves in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    An MLBTR feed has been added to the front page and all article pages. It has no title at the moment, though... I'll have to work on that later.
    Holy geez that is nice. I think the name fits it well and us internet freaks will figure it out. I would guess the Twitter idea might cost some dolla bills so that might not be as doable. Thanks for caring (smiley face)

Trust me, this is something we're very cognizant of and talk about fairly regularly. We try to keep a respectful distance from the organization to maintain a "level head" and balanced analysis.
    I think we are ok on the biased part…if we were any further away from the organization this would be www.whitesoxdaily.com #firegardy

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to see Twins Daily hire me in some capacity......can someone say "dream job"? I already blog on here and love every minute of it, but who wouldn't love their full-time job to be blogging for the Twins and to make a living off it?

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 155 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bwille View Post
    I'd like to see Twins Daily hire me in some capacity......can someone say "dream job"? I already blog on here and love every minute of it, but who wouldn't love their full-time job to be blogging for the Twins and to make a living off it?
    I know I would love that.... :-)

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 378 Times in 211 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, the like button has returned and speeds have been just fine for me over the past two weeks. Are you still having problems?
    No, its been good. I'll delete the post.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast