Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: #Hangout and Talk Twins: Pioneer Press' Mike Berardino

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 121 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: #Hangout and Talk Twins; Episode 3

It would be great if you guys put up an event invitation on G+ also for this. The Twins Daily account has never posted anything publicly over there. This might be a great first thing to share!

Do the Twins feel pressure to get something done quickly(they should), and multiple things? The longer they wait, the less choices they will have to pick from.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure who runs the TD G+ account. Parker, maybe?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 33 Times in 19 Posts
    Any Rule 5 draft targets that you would like the Twins to pick? I think they should draft a reliever or middle-infielder. Pressly worked out pretty well last year.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markos View Post
    Any Rule 5 draft targets that you would like the Twins to pick? I think they should draft a reliever or middle-infielder. Pressly worked out pretty well last year.
    While pitchers are more easy to hide on a 25 man roster,To me it is better to take the best avalible player.If there are 2 or more who are very close, then you take according to need.But that is just me

Liked 143 Times in 90 Posts
    I won't be able to watch it live, but I'm looking forward to the chat tonight.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 50 Times in 30 Posts
    What prospects would you trade? And for who?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    I asked this question on a Rosario thread. Is there any current update on timing for resolution about his suspension? Last we heard, MLB needed to look into the situation. I have not heard that things are official. Do you have any deeper update? Thank you.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Dealing with some technical stuff right now... hoping to be live in a few minutes... hang in there...

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Do you guys think catcher Dioner Navarro will sign here.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Do you believe the Twins offered Mike Pelfrey a 2-year deal? If they did why??

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Rank em by what should be the Twins interest: Navarro, AJ, Salty

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Great stuff guys. Very much enjoyed this.

I have been wondering if Terry Ryan is receiving pressure from ownership and Dave St. Peter to rebuild this team on faster time line than way he has in past. It seems to me if interest drops both in attendance and Tv viewership that is going to cost the Twins dearly in the future. This is something different than Terry experienced being in Metro-dome where they were doing business as low cost operation and built team on cheap by developing it from the farm system. Now there costs are much higher in Target field but if they get attendance and viewership rewards are much higher also. I guess to put into nut shell there in much more expensive poker game and I wonder if Terry can adapt to this new game.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 338 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    While pitchers are more easy to hide on a 25 man roster,To me it is better to take the best avalible player.If there are 2 or more who are very close, then you take according to need.But that is just me
    Actually, teams can make more than one Rule 5 pick, right? Obviously you would need the open roster spots, but I am pretty sure the Rule 5 draft runs until nobody wants to draft anymore (or runs out of roster spots).

And if any team is going to have multiple open roster spots, it's the 2014 Twins!

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    Actually, teams can make more than one Rule 5 pick, right? Obviously you would need the open roster spots, but I am pretty sure the Rule 5 draft runs until nobody wants to draft anymore (or runs out of roster spots).

And if any team is going to have multiple open roster spots, it's the 2014 Twins!
    All of the phases of the Rule 5 draft go until all teams pass. I am fairly certain that the Astros had two Rule 5 guys on their Opening Day roster this past year. (Or at least leading up to Opening Day.)