Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The unofficial offseason trade idea dump

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 205 Times in 117 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Another trade

Twins trade to Brewers: Josh Willingham, Chris Parmelee, and Chris Colabello
    Brewers trade to Twins: Norichika Aoki

Why the Twins should do it: Aoki will be 31 which is not really young but technically younger than 34, he could leadoff, steal bases. Clears two roster spots.

Why the Brewers should do it: Aoki figures to be the odd man out in an outfield of Braun - Gomez - Khris Davis. They are looking for 1b bats and have been rumored to be interested in Corey Hart but might get outbid. Nobody will be outbidding them for Parmelee or Colabello.
    Last edited by Willihammer; 11-21-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    Another trade

Twins trade to Brewers: Josh Willingham, Chris Parmelee, and Chris Colabello
    Brewers trade to Twins: Norichika Aoki

Why the Twins should do it: Aoki will be 31 which is not really young but technically younger than 34, he could leadoff, steal bases. Clears two roster spots.

Why the Brewers should do it: Aoki figures to be the odd man out in an outfield of Braun - Gomez - Khris Davis. They are looking for 1b bats and have been rumored to be interested in Corey Hart but might get outbid. Nobody will be outbidding them for Parmelee or Colabello.
    Although I have analyzed this post quite thoroughly and can't find the smoking gun. There has to be a Nishioka joke hidden somewhere in between the lines.
    I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky.

3. This user likes Bark's Lounge's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

Hosken Bombo Disco (11-25-2013)

Blog Entries
    Moving away from the Twins...

Understanding that Boston will probably be in the market for a New CF and the Angels most definitely need starting pitching, maybe a deal involving Peter Bourjos and Jake Peavy could help both clubs. I am sure there would have to be some more moving parts involved, but those two would seem like the focal point of this imaginary trade.
    I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 205 Times in 117 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Twins trade to Rockies: Michael Tonkin, Chris Colabello
    Rockies trade to Twins: Josh Rutledge, 24, middle infielder

Why the Twins should do it: they need middle infielders that might hit. Rutledge's inconsistency to this point may or may not be due to issue with his leg kick, which if Dozier is any indication might be something the Twins coaching staff could solve.

Why the Rockies should do it: they need bullpen arms and bats and are trying to get them on the cheap

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 181 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaMike View Post
    Next I would be at san fran's door asking about vogelsong.
    Vogelsong is actually a free agent right now. The Giants declined his $6.5 mil option (and if you look at his 2013 stats, you will understand why).

Liked 409 Times in 209 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Let It Sano View Post
    Ryan Doumit for anyone with a pulse. I just hate seeing him and his mediocre-ness take up a roster spot.
    But think of how many lively debates about framing we'd miss out on...

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,295 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Moving away from the Twins...

Understanding that Boston will probably be in the market for a New CF and the Angels most definitely need starting pitching, maybe a deal involving Peter Bourjos and Jake Peavy could help both clubs. I am sure there would have to be some more moving parts involved, but those two would seem like the focal point of this imaginary trade.
    Angels probably should have adhered to your trenchant analysis. They've come away with David Freese instead.

Liked 58 Times in 41 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtSchmidt11 View Post
    No trade for Arcia, the outfield immediate depth isn't great plus I don't understand the appeal of trading a starter for another without a replacement.
    One season of Clete Thomas starting 1/3 of the games was enough

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    I had thought his contract was over. That probably makes a Dozier trade unlikely.
    Atlanta wants out from under his contract and will eat part of it to get rid of him.

Glen Perkins for Austin Jackson
    Last edited by Parise11; 11-23-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    I would see if King Theo would take Berrios and Thorpe for Starlin Castro. It looks like they are moving their ETA to 2016 and a salary dump may be attractive.
    Last edited by howieramone; 11-23-2013 at 01:39 PM.

I'm guessing that would be a no-go from Detroit, but i'd do it in a heartbeat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Angels probably should have adhered to your trenchant analysis. They've come away with David Freese instead.
    Trenchant is way to kind, but I thought Bourjos had more value than that. Bourjos and Grichuk to the Cards for Freese and Salas... WTF?

But what the hell do I know?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 74 Times in 50 Posts
    Could we convince the Cardinals to take Plouffe for some useful starting pitching?

Quote Originally Posted by twinscowboysbulls View Post
    I'm guessing that would be a no-go from Detroit, but i'd do it in a heartbeat.
    Tigers are said to be shopping A-Jax. Can't imagine we would have to add too much. A-Jax had a down year (mostly due to injury) and Perkins is one of the final pieces for them and is on a sweetheart deal.
    Last edited by Parise11; 11-23-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    In a Glen Perkins to the Detroit Tigers trade I would request Porcello and Rondon. If they scoff at that, I walk away from the table.

If I am trading an All-Star to a division rival, it is necessary to get absolute full value and it doesn't matter to me if he is a relief pitcher.

Take it or leave it.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    I like the Perkins for Webster deal. Or Henry Owens. I also like matt Barnes quite a bit 9as a 2nd piece).

The whole point of trading Perkins should be to bring in someone that is under contract longer than Perkins. Jackson and Porcello are FA's in 2 years.

The Blue Jays are putting together a package for the power-righty from the Cubs. What could we offer in a deal to get him outside our top 3?

I'd propose something like this as a starting place.

Hicks, Rosario, May, Gibson, Vargas, Hudson Boyd for Samardzija and Castro.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    Quantity doesn't trump quality.

Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Quantity doesn't trump quality.
    Touche.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast