Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Official 'Twins Aren't Doing Stuff' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Sano View Post
    If we could sign at least one good starting pitcher (Garza, Jimenez, or Ervin Santana) to 4-5 year deal i would be happy because we aren't going to contend in 2014 or posibly even 2015.
    I would only like to see Scott Baker or Johan Santana join on a short term deal just so when you see them pitch you can think of the good times.
    If I could have it I would sign Matt Garza to a 4-5 year deal, Scott and Johan to 1 year deals along with Casey Mcgehee 3B (1 year), and Jarred Saltiwhatever C (3 year).
    our 2014 rotation and Defensive positioning
    Rotation:
    Matt Garza
    Johan Santana
    Kevin Corriea
    Scott Baker
    Samuel Deduno
    I liked Baker, he was certainly a success story, but he left the team on bad terms and won't be back. Garza won't be back. Santana might be fun--- wait, you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get the band back together, don't you!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Not really worth its own thread, but the Pirates designated Kyle McPherson today. Anyone know what his peripheral stats look like? Maybe we can swap Kris Johnson for him clearly kidding. Kind of.

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edavis0308 View Post
    Not really worth its own thread, but the Pirates designated Kyle McPherson today. Anyone know what his peripheral stats look like? Maybe we can swap Kris Johnson for him clearly kidding. Kind of.
    Ill answer my own post - looks like he had TJ surgery............. right up our alley! Otherwise stats wise he would look like an interesting player.

will they throw in Duke Welker?

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    They also DFAd Garret jones.....just another plowhorse in the outfield or is he worth taking a flier on?

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 183 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    They also DFAd Garret jones.....just another plowhorse in the outfield or is he worth taking a flier on?
    Jones was a nice story, but at this point offers very little upside for this team. You could do worse than Jones for sure and he will catch on somewhere most likely, however this team already has a few no/little defensive value/bigger bats on the roster: Doumit, Willingham, Pinto even.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 183 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosken Bombo Disco View Post
    I liked Baker, he was certainly a success story, but he left the team on bad terms and won't be back. Garza won't be back. Santana might be fun--- wait, you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get the band back together, don't you!
    Money heals all wounds.

Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    So, which is it...
    a.) you guys think the only players ever added to the organization should be the very best FAs, or...
    b.) you're just rolling with easy targets that have nothing to do with whether or not they'll sign any decent FAs this year?

My assumption is leaning towards b.) and I don't quite get it outside of endless snark for the sake of it.
    b.). Definitely b.).

Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinscowboysbulls View Post
    Point taken. I love the discussion and want it! I just don't want the whole basis of arguments against me being that it is early, something I stated already. It's an excuse, that's all it is. Saying that it is early and a lot of things can happen is an excuse. If you go into a bar and order a basket of fries and an hour later you are still waiting for your fries. You might ask your waitress where your fries are, right? Is she going to tell you, well sir, it's only been an hour, can you wait longer? No, she is going to tell you she will find out and get you those fries ASAP.
    If you go into a bar and order fries, and your fries haven't arrived five minutes later, then you and your waitress may have a discussion about expectations if you're dissappointed. But in any event, the waitress's answer is going to be "it's too early." Now, if you've been to this bar before, and the fries are ALWAYS arriving an hour later, then we're dealing with a different problem. But the reality is our problem hasn't really been with the timing but with the fries. A good number of us expect the fries to be a dissappointment no matter WHEN they are served, but they'll wait until they get their order before judging the fry cook. No sense engaging in a bunch of conjecture about what the fry cook's up to, because we haven't a clue from where we sit. Kris Johnson, Duensing Swarzak news?Absolutely meaningless.

Liked 55 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post
    If you go into a bar and order fries, and your fries haven't arrived five minutes later, then you and your waitress may have a discussion about expectations if you're dissappointed. But in any event, the waitress's answer is going to be "it's too early." Now, if you've been to this bar before, and the fries are ALWAYS arriving an hour later, then we're dealing with a different problem. But the reality is our problem hasn't really been with the timing but with the fries. A good number of us expect the fries to be a dissappointment no matter WHEN they are served, but they'll wait until they get their order before judging the fry cook. No sense engaging in a bunch of conjecture about what the fry cook's up to, because we haven't a clue from where we sit. Kris Johnson, Duensing Swarzak news?Absolutely meaningless.
    I want fries. I want a lot of them. I want them to be awesome. And I want them now. Is that too much to ask? (OK, don't answer that.)

Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdwatcher View Post
    I wish I could go to a different restaurant, like the one they have in St. Louis, but I don't think with the current local management they're going to figure out any short cuts for the cooks get those fries out faster.

12. This user likes Alex's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (11-27-2013)

I've not read anything on this thread by the initial post and seen the title. But this thread has to be dead now right?

Liked 111 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm almost sure we'll find the thread resurrected at least a couple more times before spring training.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 599 Times in 229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    I'm almost sure we'll find the thread resurrected at least a couple more times before spring training.
    It's been at least 9 hours now since they've done anything.

I'm already getting agitated.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

16. This user likes snepp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (11-28-2013)

Liked 55 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gil4 View Post
    I want fries. I want a lot of them. I want them to be awesome. And I want them now. Is that too much to ask? (OK, don't answer that.)

I just came back to say I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and quantity of the fries.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678