Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Official 'Twins Aren't Doing Stuff' Thread

Senior Member All-Star Hosken Bombo Disco's Avatar
    Liked 481 Times in 278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I didn't realize it was too soon to post a harmless Lee Harvey Oswald joke.

Also it wouldn't let me send a message back to you PM, so consider this my message.

People need to lighten up and have a sense of humor.
    see what 90 loss seasons do?

Top teams making moves to get better while Twins do what the Twins do...Nothing

So far in this early offseason the teams that seem to always win are making moves to get better. At the same time the Twins are doing nothing, oh wait they are talking to a 36 year old pitcher... Why even waist the money on him? I mean he is super old. Matt Garza or Jimenez would be way better options, they are both younger and could help the team next season and a few seasons down the road. Also why not go after McCann? He hits for power and drives in runs. There are so many moves they could be making but they aren't! It is the same teams making moves that always do. Why don't the Twins take notes?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 195 Times in 120 Posts
    Trolling

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Cardinals needed a SS and a CF. They got them. The Twins didn't need those players.

The Tigers and Rangers made a deal that made sense for both of them. Made no sense for the Twins.

Other guys haven't signed. I don't know what the Twins are supposed to do about that.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    You are asking a goldfish to climb a tree....What has Terry done in his 20 years as the GM ,to make you believe he will shoot out of the gate and spend like there is no tomarrow?

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Trolling
    ?Huh

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    So far in this early offseason the teams that seem to always win are making moves to get better. At the same time the Twins are doing nothing, oh wait they are talking to a 36 year old pitcher... Why even waist the money on him? I mean he is super old. Matt Garza or Jimenez would be way better options, they are both younger and could help the team next season and a few seasons down the road. Also why not go after McCann? He hits for power and drives in runs. There are so many moves they could be making but they aren't! It is the same teams making moves that always do. Why don't the Twins take notes?
    See the thread.......Early Judgement: Things Haven't Changed in Twins Territory dated 11-20-13.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 104 Times in 66 Posts
    It is early in the game…take a chill pill. Wake up after the winter meetings and THEN you can start bit chin'. We are still in the 2nd inning of the offseason. Plenty of time to come back.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,242 Times in 495 Posts
    Threads merged, title changed to reflect "elevated" status.

Happy 'Vikings may win a game in Lambeau" Day!

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,841 Times in 1,075 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post

I remember them doing that in 97 or 98. Back in the day when I was living in Canada.

Thanks, Snepp

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 615 Times in 342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post

That shouldn't make us happy! Tank for Teddy!

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    That shouldn't make us happy! Tank for Teddy!
    I would like to "like" this, but anything that makes life less enjoyable for the GBP fans of the world, most of whom are more insufferable than Yankee fans, is not hard to get behind.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Cardinals needed a SS and a CF. They got them. The Twins didn't need those players.

The Tigers and Rangers made a deal that made sense for both of them. Made no sense for the Twins.

Other guys haven't signed. I don't know what the Twins are supposed to do about that.
    I see it as "the Cards had needs," and they aggressively went out and tried to address them.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 615 Times in 342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    I would like to "like" this, but anything that makes life less enjoyable for the GBP fans of the world, most of whom are more insufferable than Yankee fans, is not hard to get behind.
    Hmmm, that is a tough choice....higher draft pick vs. miserable Wisconsinites? How about higher draft pick for us and we root hard for Detroit on Turkey day?

Best of both worlds.

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How about a tie... Miserable packer fans and still doesn't move us draft wise ver much. Love it!!

As for no moves yet, look at the dates of last years moves...If TR holds the same pattern, a lot could happen in the next two weeks.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Please move the Packer/Vikings talk to another thread. This one is for debating the Twins timeline for making offseason moves. Thanks.

I don't know what to think.

(1) The Twins have to sell extra hard because we are coming off of three horrible seasons. If you were Hughes, would you rather pitch in Miami or Minnesota. It can be a tough decision.

(2) I feel the Twins haven;t made any offers that someone will grab at. Which is dangerous in this game, as why would someone want to come back to the Twins management for a counter offer. You should put you best cards on the able, and sooner rather than later if you really want a game changer. If you think Garza is with $60 million and so do other teams, you do have to make a higher offer...kinda like buying a house with multiple offers...you aren't going to get the listing for less than the listed price.

The big Twins news this weekend was the listing of spring training invitees. I'm glad I was sitting down.

Maybe the big news after Thanksgiving will be the rehiring of all minor league managers and coaches.
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

If we could sign at least one good starting pitcher (Garza, Jimenez, or Ervin Santana) to 4-5 year deal i would be happy because we aren't going to contend in 2014 or posibly even 2015.
    I would only like to see Scott Baker or Johan Santana join on a short term deal just so when you see them pitch you can think of the good times.
    If I could have it I would sign Matt Garza to a 4-5 year deal, Scott and Johan to 1 year deals along with Casey Mcgehee 3B (1 year), and Jarred Saltiwhatever C (3 year).
    our 2014 rotation and Defensive positioning
    Rotation:
    Matt Garza
    Johan Santana
    Kevin Corriea
    Scott Baker
    Samuel Deduno

Defensive Positioning:
    LF Josh Willingham
    CF Alex Pressly
    RF Oswaldo Arcia
    3B Casey Mcgehee
    SS Pedro Florimon
    2B Brian Dozier
    1B Joe Mauer
    C Salty/Doumit
    DH Doumit/Salty

Bench:
    SS Jason Bartlett
    CF Darin Mastroianni
    C Chris Hermann
    1B Chris Collabello

Verdict: looks like a family reunion with some new faces.
    71-91 4th AL central

Banned All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    While I understand your sentiment,and dont disagree.It is not Terrys way.Yes it would be nice to sign a pair of starters Like Garza and Jimenez, and maybe Arroyo or Kazmir.It just wont happen, we are not going to compete in 2014 , we are waitting on the kids to get here,and this front office doesnt understand about obtaining quality players in free agency, then trading them to build a minor leaque system. So just wait, tommarrow has a bright future .

Senior Member Triple-A whydidnt's Avatar
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    And now, Haren is gone. 1 year $10M + option with the Dodgers. At that price, I would have loved to see the Twins offer something like 2-25 or 3 -36. He may be trying to rebuild value so I have no doubt they would have had to pay more than 1-10 to get him to come here. Despite it being early, as we are so often reminded here, it's starting to look like every other off-season of TR's career, at least as far as Free Agents are concerned.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast