Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prince Fielder traded for Kinsler!!!!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries

Prince Fielder traded for Kinsler!!!!

There could be more players involved, but wow, that came out of nowhere.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This definitely came out of nowhere. I like the trade a lot for Texas(As the trade stands right now). The ball is going to fly off Fielders bat next summer in Texas. Kinsler has slowly been getting worse with age.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    Kind of a good trade for both teams although it's brilliant for the Rangers. They needed to open up a spot for Profar and they needed a big slugger. They do pick up 8 more expensive years of Fielder though. That won't end well.

The Tigers needed to get MCab back to 1B and they needed a MI'er. Kinsler is on the decline but he's good and he's only owed 4/60. It will be interesting to see if the Tigers use this money to pick up another slugger.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS View Post
    This definitely came out of nowhere. I like the trade a lot for Texas(As the trade stands right now). The ball is going to fly off Fielders bat next summer in Texas. Kinsler has slowly been getting worse with age.
    I agree, I would imagine more is coming Detroit's way on this. Does Detroit have someone to play 3rd? We got to assume that Cabrera will move back to first, correct?

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maybe they will move top prospect Castellanos back to 3B from the OF. His move to the outfield last season was seemingly made to find him a place to play on the big club as far as I know.
    I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Maybe they will move top prospect Castellanos back to 3B from the OF. His move to the outfield last season was seemingly made to find him a place to play on the big club as far as I know.
    Good insight. I hadn't realized that he was originally a 3rd baseman. Have to remember, there may be more players in this trade.

I'll give it till the end of the week before the Tigers announce a Max Scherzer extension with the money they saved by trading Fielder.

Super Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Liked 769 Times in 481 Posts
    Bet they sign Nathan, too.
    "Peace, love, dope! Now get the hell out!"
    Resistance is Sisyphusian!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 52 Times in 39 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Great trade for Texas. A bit more in salary, but it opens up a spot for Profar. Living in the Dallas area, I can't wait to see him play everyday.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 176 Times in 101 Posts
    Prince is going to age poorly. He was mearly average last year, the only thing he has is durability at this point.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 25 Times in 18 Posts
    Wouldn't suprise me if Detroit brought back Peralta to play 3rd as a steadying force for Castellanos and extended Cabrerra beyond 2015 - not to mention extending their starting pitchers as needed. It is definately a good move for both teams.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 21 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Love the trade for Texas. Gives Profar a spot and puts a stop in their hole at 1st. Detroit needs the $$$ to sign Scherzer and Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Prince is going to age poorly. He was mearly average last year, the only thing he has is durability at this point.
    Totally agree. Big first basemen do not age well in the majors and I think it is possible Prince's best years are behind him. The Tigers just unloaded what was likely to be a long term albatross from around their neck - and the Rangers just committed to pay a high salary for a guy whose value will only decline.
    Last edited by MileHighTwinsFan; 11-20-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Liked 1,032 Times in 469 Posts
    I wonder if the Rangers are clearing room for Cano rather than Profar.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Fun Fact: Joe "People call me nothing but a singles hitter" Mauer outslugged Fielder last year .476 to .457

Granted, it wasn't Fielder's best year by any means, but still.

Blog Entries
    I can see how some of the posters think Prince Fielder will age poorly and his contract a knife to the gut of the Rangers on the back end of the said contract. I disagree on the front end.

Fielder will not be 30 until may of next year. I guarantee Fielder hits 40 HR's at least Twice playing in Arlington with strong overall numbers. He along with Beltre will make a formidable 3 and 4 combination and my guess is that Nelson Cruz is brought back into the fold.

I do like the trade for both parties. This will enable the Tigers to have a decent shot at retaining guys like Cabrera and Scherzer. Kinsler's numbers will be okay to pedestrian playing for Detroit.
    I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky.

Liked 20 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yikes, a healthy, motivated and pissed off Fielder could have a monster year in TX. I'm glad he is out of the central, but it probably means Detroit will spend big on the starting rotation which is probably a better investment.

Liked 105 Times in 57 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At least in the short term, I like this trade for the Rangers (and thus for the Twins).
    1. I think rumors of Fielder's demise are premature.
    2. Kinsler's value was based so much on HR and SB, and both have been in serious decline lately.
    3. Yeah, the Tigers save some money, but not a ton. Kinsler is only making $8M less than Fielder the next two years, and the Tigers had to throw $30M into the deal, too. Frankly, it's encouraging to see that team, whose payroll was $148M last year, finally show a little fiscal sanity.
    4. I assume this means Miguel Cabrera moves to first base, which means they have a hole at third base, and I don't see an easy solution there, unless it's Jhonny Peralta, which would mean yet more money.

Bottom line: Kinsler isn't so much a replacement for Fielder as he is for Peralta statistically and position wise. And they gave up Fielder to get him. I don't mind that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    I wonder if the Rangers are clearing room for Cano rather than Profar.
    That would be interesting if that is what happens. I would imagine a plan like that would have the Rangers flipping Profar or Andrus (more so Andrus) to another club for pitching. The Card's would be a nice matchup for that kind of trade. Shelby Miller and another piece or two maybe???

Liked 1,032 Times in 469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    At least in the short term, I like this trade for the Rangers (and thus for the Twins).
    1. I think rumors of Fielder's demise are premature.
    2. Kinsler's value was based so much on HR and SB, and both have been in serious decline lately.
    3. Yeah, the Tigers save some money, but not a ton. Kinsler is only making $8M less than Fielder the next two years, and the Tigers had to throw $30M into the deal, too. Frankly, it's encouraging to see that team, whose payroll was $148M last year, finally show a little fiscal sanity.
    4. I assume this means Miguel Cabrera moves to first base, which means they have a hole at third base, and I don't see an easy solution there, unless it's Jhonny Peralta, which would mean yet more money.

Bottom line: Kinsler isn't so much a replacement for Fielder as he is for Peralta statistically and position wise. And they gave up Fielder to get him. I don't mind that.
    All true...but the Tigers save something like $75m if my math is right, and I bet they turn around and spend all of it.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast