Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Free Agent Profile: Scott Kazmir

Check out his stats versus teams other than the Twins. They're not good, as the Twins were 20% of his starts.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would prefer Josh Johnson, but Kazmir is a second choice as long as it is not more than a 2 year contract.

It's true, Kazmir dominated the Twins last year. But I still want him. He's a good fit, and yes, whoever gets him him will have to pay at least 10-mil per year, maybe as much as 12-mil for 2 or 3 years. Tanaka should be the #1 target, but the bidding for him may get ridiculous. Kazmir, Hughes and someone like Johan, J. Johnson or Colby Lewis as the third signing. I don't mind 3 year deals. You can never have too much pitching, we could spin guys off to contenders at the deadline year by year, and guys get hurt.
    Kazmir---3 years 36 million (don't get outbid,
    Hughes---3 years 25 million
    Johan et al---1 year 7 million
    This changes somewhat if we make a trade for someone like "Shark" Bailey, Anderson, etc...
    Bottom line...we need pitching and have some money to spend. Get at it.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstalker View Post
    Check out his stats versus teams other than the Twins. They're not good, as the Twins were 20% of his starts.
    A good point I was wondering what his stats were if you removed the Twins from his record...That being said 2+1 [email protected] with a million buy out ,and an option year at 12

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12