Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shelby Miller

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 665 Times in 376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zchrz View Post
    I think there will be a trade for a young pitcher, but it won't be anyone of Millers cost level. Buxton, Sano, Meyer, Stewart are untouchable, anybody else I would listen on. I would look to trade a package with a Dozier/ Perkins/ Arcia/ Rosario type centerpiece.
    I tend to agree, especially with a guy like Miller and the Card's situation. I don't think they're going to want players significantly far from reaching the majors unless they get a ridiculous haul.

Their trade chips are all about enhancing their current product because they have the financial resources and high-level depth.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Physics Guy's Avatar
    Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by beckmt View Post
    You are talking about the best SS in the game currently Yes, he is that good.
    Yes, I agree he is the best SS in the game (when he plays). The much-maligned Joe Mauer (as far as health is concerned) has more plate appearances over the past seven years than Tulo. He will be 29 next year and has a history of injuries. I would not doubt the Rockies ask for Tavares and Miller, but I can't see the Cards giving that much up. Tavares is a top 5 prospect and Miller was a top 10 for some. He just went 15-9 with an ERA just over 3 and struck out nearly a batter per inning at 22 years of age. The proposal in this article makes more sense:

http://www.i70baseball.com/2013/11/1...p-to-get-tulo/

Miller or Lance Lynn

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I tend to agree, especially with a guy like Miller and the Card's situation. I don't think they're going to want players significantly far from reaching the majors unless they get a ridiculous haul.

Their trade chips are all about enhancing their current product because they have the financial resources and high-level depth.
    It's too bad the Twins don't have a SS ready, the Cardinals could move Lance Lynn and/or Miller and still have enough starters. Miller looks like a solid #2 long-term (not knowing how much of a potential attitude problem or whatever) and Lynn can be a solid #3. Both of these guys have performed at the Major League level in the heat of a pennant race and still are cost-controlled for several years.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 80 Times in 50 Posts
    If the Twins had a SS ready, he would be penciled in to start SS for the Twins. For all the Twins' pitching needs, they don't have excess position players either aside from possibly Rosario. And he's a good but not great prospect.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 665 Times in 376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gobirds View Post
    It's too bad the Twins don't have a SS ready, the Cardinals could move Lance Lynn and/or Miller and still have enough starters. Miller looks like a solid #2 long-term (not knowing how much of a potential attitude problem or whatever) and Lynn can be a solid #3. Both of these guys have performed at the Major League level in the heat of a pennant race and still are cost-controlled for several years.
    Agreed, St. Louis has everything we need in their gluts, but we have nothing to offer in return. It's disappointing for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12