Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bloomberg values Twins

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Does anybody know of a bank that will loan me $700,000,000? I'll even offer my car as collateral, its worth about 5k

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 613 Times in 342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Itll be interesting to so how quickly the ticket sales start doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by goulik View Post
    They also greatly increased payroll right after getting the new stadium and have stayed above the previous payroll ever since. It has been made clear that Ryan did not spend as much as he had been allotted by the Pohlads and they have made it clear in the press that they want TR to be much more aggressive this offseason.
    We hear similar garbage every offseason. I'll believe it when I see it. Has any team spent less in free agency the last 20 years? What's the most they ever spent? 3/$21m to Willingham.
    Last edited by Marta Shearing; 11-09-2013 at 11:40 AM.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,241 Times in 494 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howieramone View Post
    In fact, that's the way they do it. An article posted here sometime ago, quoted Jim Pohlad as saying 50% of revenue would be used for payroll on average.
    If fact, you should be able to tell us when they have taken excess payroll savings and re-allocated it toward future years.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,184 Times in 631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    That was in another Millennium.

Jim Pohlad is not alive. The Pohlad kids had/have nothing to do with baseball (and it is so painfully obvious) and the contraction. DNA does not carry blame.

However, the Front Office that was working under Pohlad for the contraction is still around (Other than Bell who retired). So if you want to blame current Twins' personnel for that, look at St. Peter, Ryan and Co and not the Pohlads. They were not around, St. Peter, Ryan & Co were.

History will tell, but still not sure whether the contraction was not more of a boogeyman tactic for 2 uninterested fan-bases, which resulting in moving one team (Expos) and a new ballpark for the other (Twins.) Interestingly enough, similar rumors have been heard this millennium for the As and the Rays...
    Without coming across as an apologist, the lengths you're taking this FO thing is really quite remarkable

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,184 Times in 631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howieramone View Post
    I read an article recently where a Hennepin County official talked about how pleased they were with partnering with the Pohlads in building Target Field. He talked about how they took basically a useless piece of property, in what he called a boundary area and built beautiful Target Field. You do know the Twins attract more visitors to Downtown Minneapolis than all the other sports teams in town combined right?
    So they replaced the useless land with a useless baseball team, at your expense and to their profit, and your......
    Thankful? Happy? Confused?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,520 Times in 794 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    That was in another Millennium.

Jim Pohlad is not alive. The Pohlad kids had/have nothing to do with baseball (and it is so painfully obvious) and the contraction. DNA does not carry blame.

However, the Front Office that was working under Pohlad for the contraction is still around (Other than Bell who retired). So if you want to blame current Twins' personnel for that, look at St. Peter, Ryan and Co and not the Pohlads. They were not around, St. Peter, Ryan & Co were.

History will tell, but still not sure whether the contraction was not more of a boogeyman tactic for 2 uninterested fan-bases, which resulting in moving one team (Expos) and a new ballpark for the other (Twins.) Interestingly enough, similar rumors have been heard this millennium for the As and the Rays...
    I'm sure Ryan, Bell, & co were really pushing contraction because being unemployed is every competitive person's dream scenario.

And don't come back with the kickbacks argument. That is based on nothing more than malicious speculation with absolutely no evidence.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike and argue over this front office. I do not understand why you feel the need to fabricate elaborate conspiracies about an event ten years past.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12