Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Tim Dierkes free agent predictions

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts

Tim Dierkes free agent predictions

Of course this means nothing but Tim Dierkes at mlbtraderumors wrote out his guesses as to where the top 50 free agents sign. He has the Twins signing Kazmir (high upside but high risk, IMO) and James Loney to play first base. (I think I'd prefer a RH power bat like Hart over Loney but Loney does play good defense, which is important).

2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

He also guesses that the Dodgers sign Tanaka, Morneau goes to the Rays and Joe Nathan to the Tigers (which makes so much sense I hate it).

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    The thought of Kazmir being the only free agent signed pitcher for us makes me want to start practicing throwing up a little bit early.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 336 Times in 213 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kazmir at 2/16 sounds pretty good. I'd still like an additional guy on a longer term, but even Kazmir would be a step up from most of TR's past FA starter acquisitions.

Not sure I want any part of Loney -- Tampa has the 1B magic lately, I am pretty sure he'd come down a bit here. Tampa is a great destination for Morneau, though.

Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spycake View Post
    Kazmir at 2/16 sounds pretty good. I'd still like an additional guy on a longer term, but even Kazmir would be a step up from most of TR's past FA starter acquisitions.

Not sure I want any part of Loney -- Tampa has the 1B magic lately, I am pretty sure he'd come down a bit here. Tampa is a great destination for Morneau, though.
    I would agree that Kazmir paired with a higher impact arm wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I'm basing my preemptive spewing on Kazmir being our prized arm of the offseason, a la Correia last year. Preaching to the choir though.

Liked 37 Times in 31 Posts
    I have a little trouble believing someone who is predicting the Astros and the Padres to sign free agents