Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ask Jack: Minnesota Twins' Jack Goin Answers Your Questions

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 607 Times in 232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Thanks for coming by Jack. For what it's worth, if answering our foolish questions prevents you from finding quality free agents, we may consider making the sacrifice and set you free.

Likey.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    Nope. Sorry. You're in now. We're having t-shirts created and everything. :-)
    Now I'm scared. Also, I will require royalties on the sale of these items using my likeness.

3. These 2 users like Jack Goin's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

mike wants wins (11-27-2013), snepp (11-27-2013)

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So Jack, can you divulge what indicators led you believe Mike Pelfrey is worth bringing back? Obviously he began the season coming off TJ surgery so some struggling was to be expected. As the season wore on he became pretty good and his peripherals showed he was better than his ERA suggested. Can we get a nugget about him from you?
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,257 Times in 751 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations to Jack for his role in getting Nolasco under contract.

6. These 2 users like ashburyjohn's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ChiTownTwinsFan (11-28-2013), glunn (11-30-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Congratulations to Jack for his role in getting Nolasco under contract.
    Our Assistant GM, Rob Antony, does a tremendous job in negotiating contracts. He has a great feel for when to give and take. Really fun to listen to him negotiate.

8. This user likes Jack Goin's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (11-30-2013)

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,257 Times in 751 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Goin View Post
    Our Assistant GM, Rob Antony, does a tremendous job in negotiating contracts. He has a great feel for when to give and take. Really fun to listen to him negotiate.
    I have no doubt this phase of the effort requires all the finesse in the world. But picking *which* pitchers to negotiate most seriously with is no small thing either.

10. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (11-30-2013)

Nobody. Have a few things going on at work right now. Plus, I thought it was just a Friday afternoon thing last week.
    What could you possibly have going on at work right now!? Come on man, this forum stuff is waaaaaaay more important. All jokes aside, kudos on your signings of two pitchers who could be rock solid for the organization.

Side Note: Could he help me out at the bar sometime?

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 772 Times in 423 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Really stellar work this offseason, Jack. It's not hard to see the statistical analysis fingerprints all over the Nolasco and Hughes signings.

14. These 2 users like Brock Beauchamp's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (12-03-2013), JB_Iowa (12-06-2013)

Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
    Hey Jack,

Were we ever really close on AJ?

Jack,

We all know there is a substantial corellation between wins and attendance. Can you give us an indication of how closely attendance can be predicted based on win record.

Please note: I am not asking if the team uses this calculation. My question is how closely could you predict attendance based on win record if you were so inclined.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345