04-21-2012, 10:18 AM #1
What will the Twins record be after 20 more games.
Twins are now 5-9 with the remaining games left before they get to some serious division contenders on 5/13.
2 @ Rays
3 vs. Red Sox
3 vs. Royals
6 @/vs Angels
3 @ Mariners
3 vs Blue Jays
They'll have played 34 games by then. Two questions:
1. What do we think their record will be?
2. What record would make you happy?
I'll go with
1. 15-19 : split with Rays, 1 of 3 vs Red Sox, 2 of 3 vs. Royals, split with Angels, 2 of 3 vs. Mariners and 1 of 3 vs Blue Jays.
2. I'd be happy enough with 15-19. Anything over that and I'll be quite happy.
04-21-2012, 10:30 AM #2
1. Based on how the Red Sox and the Angels are playing this is realistic:
1-1 split with Rays, 2-1 over the Sox, 3-0 sweep the Royals, 4-2 with Angels, 2-1 over Mariners 1-2 with Jays
so total: 13-7 to give them 18-16 overall. I'd take a +/-2 which would make it range from 16-18 to 20-14
2. I'd be happy if they are within 2 games from the top of the Division. I don't care much about their record...-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
04-21-2012, 10:48 AM #3
- Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
- Blog Entries
So basically you've got them playing .500 ball over the next 10. Sounds about right.
I'd be surprised if you were off by more than a couple of games in either direction there.
It would be nice to them get hot and string together some wins, but lets save that for Detroit, Cleveland and the Mighty Whities.
Incidentally, it seems really weird to me that by the end of this stretch, we'll have played over 20% of our games, and had 3 series against the Angels, but only 1 against a division opponent.
04-21-2012, 11:34 AM #4
I think they have a good chance to be around 16-18 or even 17-17 if the pitching steps it up a bit. If we're within 2 games of the top with only playing 1 divisional series by then, I'd be ecstatic.
I'd be more than pleased being 4-5 games back before the Indians come to town to get the May and June stretch going.
04-21-2012, 11:59 AM #5
- Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
04-21-2012, 12:02 PM #6
- Liked 3,281 Times in 1,747 Posts
- Blog Entries