Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lurkers and rookies please post here

Senior Member Big-Leaguer amjgt's Avatar
    Liked 163 Times in 94 Posts
    What's up with the new delay in getting posts posted?

At some point, after enough posts, does that go away? I've never gotten into it with anyone here and I'd be surprised if I was ever flagged/reported for any of my posts.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,830 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amjgt View Post
    What's up with the new delay in getting posts posted?

At some point, after enough posts, does that go away? I've never gotten into it with anyone here and I'd be surprised if I was ever flagged/reported for any of my posts.
    The system seems to flag posts from time to time. There really isn't a rhyme or reason to it, so it's not a 'new person' thing that will go away over time. The moderators do check this out on a daily basis and manually 'approve' these posts. Sorry for the inconvenience. Perhaps someone more technically savvy could give you a better answer, but it doesn't have anything to do with being 'reported.' You'd get a note from one of us if that were the case.

Hi everyone.. I have been a long time lurker. I finally signed up.. I am from NW Iowa.. Grew up as a huge Twins fan.. Grew up loving Kirby, Herbie, Gaetti, Gladden, Gagne, etc. Suffered through the long 90's after '92 but never stopped following the Twins..I remember getting excited about signings of players like Orlando Merced and Kevin Maas. Then was the same age as Jacque Jones, Hunter, Doug M, AJ P, etc. And that was a special group to follow. Like everyone else here suffered during the contraction talk and the stadium issues. Excited to finally sign up.

4. These 2 users like KirbyHawk75's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (01-26-2014), JB_Iowa (01-26-2014)

Liked 696 Times in 365 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyHawk75 View Post
    Hi everyone.. I have been a long time lurker. I finally signed up.. I am from NW Iowa.. Grew up as a huge Twins fan.. Grew up loving Kirby, Herbie, Gaetti, Gladden, Gagne, etc. Suffered through the long 90's after '92 but never stopped following the Twins..I remember getting excited about signings of players like Orlando Merced and Kevin Maas. Then was the same age as Jacque Jones, Hunter, Doug M, AJ P, etc. And that was a special group to follow. Like everyone else here suffered during the contraction talk and the stadium issues. Excited to finally sign up.
    Welcome to TD! I look forward to seeing more posts from you.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    YES! Another Iowan! We are destined to rule the world some day.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Administrator Double-A Twins Daily Admin's Avatar
    Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome. Glad you took the plunge!

Liked 1,182 Times in 693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    YES! Another Iowan! We are destined to rule the world some day.
    I'd be happy with ruling part of the world on 4/7/14.

I have been a frequent visitor of Twins Daily and have decided to sign up as a rookie poster on the forum. Long time Twins fan even back to the days of Tony O., Harmon, Cesar Tovar, and the likes. Yes they have been down the past few years but I think the new starting pitchers signed this winter will get us back to a respectable .500 year.

10. This user likes Joe Twin Fan's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (01-30-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Twin Fan View Post
    I have been a frequent visitor of Twins Daily and have decided to sign up as a rookie poster on the forum. Long time Twins fan even back to the days of Tony O., Harmon, Cesar Tovar, and the likes. Yes they have been down the past few years but I think the new starting pitchers signed this winter will get us back to a respectable .500 year.
    Always love to hear from someone who remembers the 60's!

12. This user likes JB_Iowa's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

USAFChief (02-02-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,192 Times in 1,697 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    "If you can remember anything about the sixties, you weren't really there." -- Paul Kantner

/ I guess he qualifies as an expert on this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    "If you can remember anything about the sixties, you weren't really there." -- Paul Kantner

/ I guess he qualifies as an expert on this
    I was there and since I was just 13 when the 60s drew to a close, I remember a lot of them. It's the 70s that are a bit, shall we say, hazy.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

15. These 5 users like Jim Crikket's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (02-02-2014), cwzimmerman (02-03-2014), JB_Iowa (02-03-2014), snepp (01-28-2014), USAFChief (02-02-2014)

clever....so you got me! this time of year, with several weeks to go, I find myself scouring the web for anything Twins I can find to feed my hunger for the game. I found you guys...lucky me? I think so.

17. These 2 users like TexasTwinkie's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (01-30-2014), JB_Iowa (01-30-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,180 Times in 627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTwinkie View Post
    clever....so you got me! this time of year, with several weeks to go, I find myself scouring the web for anything Twins I can find to feed my hunger for the game. I found you guys...lucky me? I think so.
    Welcome, we're not really that clever. Hope to hear more from you, I think as Twins fans, we're all pretty lucky to have this site.

19. These 3 users like twinsnorth49's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

cwzimmerman (02-03-2014), glunn (01-30-2014), USAFChief (02-02-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    I remember a bit of the 60s as well, particularly the '68 and '69 seasons (born in '60). Remember trying to catch games on WCCO in '68 from a little transistor radio in my bedroom in St. Cloud. I have also been told that I had a nickname for former Twins catcher Earl Battey. Based on what my mom has mentioned, I seemed to take great joy in referring to him as "Hurl" Battey at some time prior to that. I don't even remember what years he played for the Twins.

Nowdays, about the only chance I get to watch or listen, outside of annual 2 week trips to central Minnesota from my current home just north of Indianapolis, is via the MLB package on DirecTV, plus some additional items garnered while lurking on this site.
    Last edited by cwzimmerman; 02-03-2014 at 12:04 PM.

21. These 2 users like cwzimmerman's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (02-03-2014), JB_Iowa (02-03-2014)

I too have had a great deal of admiration for Kirby, Herbie, G-Man, and Bruno from that era. However, except for a few scattered seasons, most of the 70s, 80s, and 90s were far more often than not difficult times to be a Twins fan. Obviously many of us persevered and kept following the Twins during the many down years because of our innate love of both the game and the team. I also remember how utterly gut-wrenching listening to all that contraction talk was and how depressing it was when Calvin Griffith had all but sold the team to a group from Charlotte, NC. Thankfully, Carl Pohlad stepped in and saved the day by purchasing the team.
    Last edited by cwzimmerman; 02-03-2014 at 12:06 PM.

23. These 2 users like cwzimmerman's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (02-03-2014), JB_Iowa (02-03-2014)

Hi All, long time lurker here. Love the Twins and Baseball. I come from and live in London, UK, but maintain a large support for all twin cities teams. Having had family live in the twin cities for 8 years, I developed a passion for the teams, especially the twins, despite living 2000 miles away. The family have now moved on to Colorado, but I maintain my love for Minnesota sports.

I found Twins Daily at the beginning of the 2012 season and have been a regular reader of blog posts, and the forums ever since. Having just seen this thread I thought it would be a good idea to say hello and introduce myself. Hopefully from now on I will post a bit more. Also hoping to come to the US in the summer, and make it to some twins games.

25. These 6 users like zakprior's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (02-03-2014), glunn (02-03-2014), JB_Iowa (02-03-2014), Jim Crikket (02-03-2014), snepp (02-03-2014), twinsnorth49 (02-04-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by zakprior View Post
    Hi All, long time lurker here. Love the Twins and Baseball. I come from and live in London, UK
    I just wish I could hear you say your post instead of having to read it -- I don't do well imagining British accents but I love them!

Welcome.

I have been reading TD for about a year now. I love the site, as I love baseball and my Twins. Am hoping the three-year ineptitude is at its end and the future starts this year with Sano, Meyer and Buxton making appearances with the big boys sometime this year. Actually would not be too disappointed if it comes later as we may be going to New Britain in June.

28. These 3 users like birddog's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (02-03-2014), glunn (02-03-2014), JB_Iowa (02-03-2014)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cwzimmerman View Post
    I remember a bit of the 60s as well, particularly the '68 and '69 seasons (born in '60). Remember trying to catch games on WCCO in '68 from a little transistor radio in my bedroom in St. Cloud. I have also been told that I had a nickname for former Twins catcher Earl Battey. Based on what my mom has mentioned, I seemed to take great joy in referring to him as "Hurl" Battey at some time prior to that. I don't even remember what years he played for the Twins.
    Just looking at your name, I would have guessed you were a bigger fan of Battey's backup catcher throughout those mid-60s teams... Jerry Zimmerman!

Liked 696 Times in 365 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zakprior View Post
    Hi All, long time lurker here. Love the Twins and Baseball. I come from and live in London, UK, but maintain a large support for all twin cities teams. Having had family live in the twin cities for 8 years, I developed a passion for the teams, especially the twins, despite living 2000 miles away. The family have now moved on to Colorado, but I maintain my love for Minnesota sports.

I found Twins Daily at the beginning of the 2012 season and have been a regular reader of blog posts, and the forums ever since. Having just seen this thread I thought it would be a good idea to say hello and introduce myself. Hopefully from now on I will post a bit more. Also hoping to come to the US in the summer, and make it to some twins games.
    Welcome Zak. I hope to see more from you!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast