Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Lurkers and rookies please post here

Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    This should be the only one you need, if you want to know what's happening with the Twins, you'll find it here.
    True for the most part, they even have a widget on the side of the homepage that has links to articles from other sites. Keep up the amazing work TD! I love having twins articles to read daily.

2. This user likes Butterfingers8's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

JB_Iowa (02-23-2014)

Post a lot of places, got around to registering here. Seems like my Twins fandom has come full circle. Grew up (I'm 49) listening on the radio and after a 10 year stint as a 40 game ST holder, finally gave up my tix 2 years ago; not so much my unhappiness with the team, but more the front office and how they jobbed anyone who wasn't a full ST holder at Target Field, as opposed to the benefits we used to get at the dome. I get it, it's a business, but when they made their beds as "family entertainment" as opposed to "come watch the baseball game", I just wasn't going to play that game. Now the last few years they don't even have any OTA games, and I'm back to the radio. It's a shame really, because I love the game, but I'm not going to tolerate being a 10 year ticket vet and need to jump through hoops for an online lottery to maybe get home opener tickets, or be stuck not even being able to buy full playoff strips, not even going to get into the whole All Star game leverage BS they pull. Am I crabby about all that? Not anymore, just filling in the blanks for anyone who cares to read.

4. These 2 users like Original_JB's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (02-26-2014), JB_Iowa (02-24-2014)

Liked 1,288 Times in 743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Original_JB View Post
    Post a lot of places, got around to registering here. Seems like my Twins fandom has come full circle.
    Welcome! I've seen you posting elsewhere but don't think I've ever said "Hi!". Just want you to know that when I picked JB_Iowa, I didn't realize that there was an Original_JB (those are really fine initials) -- I'm just not creative enough to come up with a better screen name.

This JB agrees with many of your sentiments about the emphasis on the Target Field "experience" rather than "baseball at Target Field".

Hope you'll post more now that you've registered.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer sampleSizeOfOne's Avatar
    Liked 484 Times in 309 Posts

hello world

(old programing lessons die hard, hence the title)

it is always fun to try something new!

do i lose my coveted lurker status by posting?

i might have something interesting to say, and if so, i shan't hesitate to say it.

either way, i'll likely remain an avid reader.

and of course, thanks for all the work that goes into this site.

(and is writing sans capitalization discouraged? pretty sure i can break the habit if necessary...)

7. These 3 users like sampleSizeOfOne's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (03-05-2014), glunn (03-06-2014), JB_Iowa (03-05-2014)

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,303 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sampleSizeOfOne View Post
    (and is writing sans capitalization discouraged? pretty sure i can break the habit if necessary...)
    1001 format ( ' I would say instead that normal capitalization is encouraged. ' )

9. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (03-06-2014)

Got it.

I may leave an "i" in lower case to emphasize humility, as that is my internal justification for a bad habit, but learning to do things the right way is usually worth the effort. Thanks!

11. These 3 users like sampleSizeOfOne's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (03-05-2014), glunn (03-06-2014), JB_Iowa (03-05-2014)

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to reading your baseball thoughts.

13. This user likes ashburyjohn's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

glunn (03-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Looking forward to reading your baseball thoughts.
    "Please don't let the big bat hit me!" is the first thing that comes to mind... (properly executed in a thought bubble from the baseball as it leaves the pitcher's hand.)

Wouldn't say i'm particularly opinionated on personnel decisions, nor very subtle on strategies. I've really appreciated the humor of the game threads last summer though!

15. These 2 users like sampleSizeOfOne's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (03-05-2014), glunn (03-06-2014)

Blog Entries
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 03-05-2014 at 07:47 PM.

You bet!

Been here for a few months and I absolutely love what you guys do here! This is such a professional and kind environment I am so glad to be (sort of) a part of. Everyone from Bonnes and Hageman to Nelson and all the smaller guys makes me even more excited to be a Twins fan and hopefully we can get a half ways good team to talk about here soon. Thanks again guys!

-Noah Trautmann

19. These 4 users like Trautmann13's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (03-06-2014), biggentleben (03-05-2014), JB_Iowa (03-06-2014), twinsnorth49 (03-05-2014)

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trautmann13 View Post
    Been here for a few months and I absolutely love what you guys do here! This is such a professional and kind environment I am so glad to be (sort of) a part of. Everyone from Bonnes and Hageman to Nelson and all the smaller guys makes me even more excited to be a Twins fan and hopefully we can get a half ways good team to talk about here soon. Thanks again guys!

-Noah Trautmann
    Thanks for introducing yourself.

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sampleSizeOfOne View Post
    Wouldn't say i'm particularly opinionated on personnel decisions, nor very subtle on strategies. I've really appreciated the humor of the game threads last summer though!
    Welcome, former lurker. The game threads are a good way to get your feet wet as an active poster.

Liked 716 Times in 380 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trautmann13 View Post

-Noah Trautmann
    Welcome, Noah!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 280 Times in 152 Posts
    I just registered and am looking forward to participating in this great forum. I stumbled on it last summer and followed it mostly to keep up on our interesting prospects. I found it to be one of the most knowledgeable sports boards I have seen. I am a long-time Twins fan...fortunate to have been at all three WS Game Sevens (the 1965 loss to Koufax and the Dodgers can be watched in its entirety on youtube!). I was a season ticket holder for 2 years at Target Field, but since my move to Los Angeles, I get my Twins fix on MLB League Pass and infrequent trips to the Big A. Glad to be here!

24. These 6 users like longstrangetrip's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (03-16-2014), ChiTownTwinsFan (03-16-2014), diehardtwinsfan (03-16-2014), JB_Iowa (03-16-2014), snepp (03-16-2014), twinsnorth49 (03-16-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,285 Times in 688 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by longstrangetrip View Post
    I just registered and am looking forward to participating in this great forum. I stumbled on it last summer and followed it mostly to keep up on our interesting prospects. I found it to be one of the most knowledgeable sports boards I have seen. I am a long-time Twins fan...fortunate to have been at all three WS Game Sevens (the 1965 loss to Koufax and the Dodgers can be watched in its entirety on youtube!). I was a season ticket holder for 2 years at Target Field, but since my move to Los Angeles, I get my Twins fix on MLB League Pass and infrequent trips to the Big A. Glad to be here!
    Glad to have you.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Just checking in, in the off season I tend to lurk and check out a few articles. Looking forward to a more respectable season with 70-75 wins and more hope for the future.

27. This user likes DJSim22's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (03-27-2014)

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,932 Times in 1,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSim22 View Post
    Just checking in, in the off season I tend to lurk and check out a few articles. Looking forward to a more respectable season with 70-75 wins and more hope for the future.
    Welcome aboard!

i follow orders

Hey moderators and others

I'm checking in here as requested. I'm a twins fan and a huge homer! My other interests include buying powerball tickets and looking for Bigfoot.

I hope I find some kindred spirits

30. These 2 users like jgfellows's post and want to buy him/her a steak dinner:

ashburyjohn (04-03-2014), JB_Iowa (04-03-2014)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,593 Times in 828 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the board!

32. This user likes Brock Beauchamp's post and wants to buy him/her a steak dinner:

jgfellows (04-03-2014)

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast