Thread: Indians closer perez fined for “reckless” postgame tweet

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 617 Times in 331 Posts

Indians closer perez fined for “reckless” postgame tweet

Indians closer Chris Perez has been fined $750 by Major League Baseball for a "reckless" message on his Twitter account after a benches-clearing incident in Kansas City.

Well, there goes a day at the arcade.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,297 Times in 774 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Indians closer Chris Perez has been fined $750 by Major League Baseball for a "reckless" message on his Twitter account after a benches-clearing incident in Kansas City.
    He got fined for saying openly what everyone knows anyway. Hard to get too worked up about this unless it goes to another level.

Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    He got fined for saying openly what everyone knows anyway. Hard to get too worked up about this unless it goes to another level.
    I can safely say I'll never get worked up about anything a professional athlete tweets, it's about a guy who makes $4.5 million a season getting fined $750. I'm sure that whallop to his wallet will correct that behaviour. Like I'd stop parking illegally if the ticket was a dime.

Blog Entries
    I can safely say I'll never get worked up about anything a professional athlete tweets, it's about a guy who makes $4.5 million a season getting fined $750. I'm sure that whallop to his wallet will correct that behaviour. Like I'd stop parking illegally if the ticket was a dime.
    If I did the math right, this means you earn $600 a year. Go talk to your boss; I'm sure you're worth twice that.

If I did the math right, this means you earn $600 a year. Go talk to your boss; I'm sure you're worth twice that.
    Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt",[1] usually conveyed through irony or understatement.[2] Most authorities distinguish sarcasm from irony;[3] however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony[4] or employs ambivalence

Is it alternate reality day?

Blog Entries
    Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter jibe or taunt",[1] usually conveyed through irony or understatement.[2] Most authorities distinguish sarcasm from irony;[3] however, others argue that sarcasm may or often does involve irony[4] or employs ambivalence

Is it alternate reality day?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arithmetic: Arithmetic or arithmetics (from the Greek word ἀριθμός, arithmosnumber”) is the oldest and most elementary branch of mathematics, used by almost everyone, for tasks ranging from simple day-to-day counting to advanced science and business calculations. ... It's practically the very opposite of "alternate reality".

I simply did "4.5 million is to 750, as what is to a dime?" I get accused of attaching too many smiley icons as it is. If you didn't find it a little humorous, we can move on.

Or if you insist on taking it seriously, adjust your analogy to a five or ten dollar parking ticket; or else get over your apparent rage at ballplayers earning salaries that are worth 50 to 100 times less in purchasing power than you seem to think they receive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arithmetic: Arithmetic or arithmetics (from the Greek word ἀριθμός, arithmosnumber”) is the oldest and most elementary branch of mathematics, used by almost everyone, for tasks ranging from simple day-to-day counting to advanced science and business calculations. ... It's practically the very opposite of "alternate reality".

I simply did "4.5 million is to 750, as what is to a dime?" I get accused of attaching too many smiley icons as it is. If you didn't find it a little humorous, we can move on.

Or if you insist on taking it seriously, adjust your analogy to a five or ten dollar parking ticket; or else get over your apparent rage at ballplayers earning salaries that are worth 50 to 100 times less in purchasing power than you seem to think they receive.
    Yep, I'm definitely in the Twilight zone.........my......point.......was.......it's funny.........and pretty........ineffective..........to........fine. ......a man..........who makes...........$4.5..........million...........do llars..........$750.......... dollars............and..........think...........it might.............discourage............his....... ....behaviour..............just like..........(this is ...........the analogy.........part).............me............ge tting..........a 10 cent..........parking ticket.............would...........discourage me...........from.........continuing.........to... .......illegally park...............................it wouldn't.............yaaaayyyyyy, we made it to the end.

No rage my friend, we're all good dude. I'm ok with only me finding it funny, really I am. Your math was funny.......a bit literal but funny.

[QUOTE=twinsnorth49;11307No rage my friend, we're all good dude. I'm ok with only me finding it funny, really I am. Your math was funny.......a bit literal but funny.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you two made up and de-escalated this tiff...wouldn't want to get anyone banned from the site. (So far I've only seen that for blatant lies.)

Liked 36 Times in 28 Posts

I don't want to start another tiff here, but I believe the math you did to determine his annual income as $600 was actually algebra, not arithmetic.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.