Thread: Article: Wednesday Night Game Notes

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Wednesday Night Game Notes

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Seth, I know the Twins are light on top notch SP in AAA. Can you give me a few names to watch all season in the lower levels? Do any of these guys have front of the rotation stuff? Thanks!

Member Rookie
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    How is Rosario's defense at 2nd base?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obie View Post
    How is Rosario's defense at 2nd base?
    A work in progress. 4 errors in 9-10 games there so far, but people seem encouraged.

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Obie,

"How is Rosario's defense at 2nd base? "

I am sure Seth has some inside stuff on him, but I have seen him play about 4 times at 2nd. So take any type of info for what it is, a small sample size and from the eyes of a guy who played on the other side of the infield. He has the athletic ability to play second, he looks to me like a guy re-learning skills as he plays. It is not quite natural for him yet and as it looks like he is thinking not reacting. This can cause some errors as he maybe thinking about where to set his feet or should I try to two or throw to first to get the out and he isn't looking the ball into the glove all the time. But I would expect by the time I see him again in a couple of weeks it should be a bit more "normal" for him and the routine of second will be falling more into place. Beloit is a good place for him to start to work on this. Plenty of time for him adapt and refine those skills, no hurry. That being said it will be his bat that determines his long term playing level and that his the possibility of being very special at second.

I am excited by the possiblity of him sticking at second with Sano at 3rd, throw in a Levi Micheal or Dozier for your SS and Parmalee at 1st. Could be a good hitting group.

Quote Originally Posted by MWLFan View Post
    Obie,

"How is Rosario's defense at 2nd base? "

I am sure Seth has some inside stuff on him, but I have seen him play about 4 times at 2nd. So take any type of info for what it is, a small sample size and from the eyes of a guy who played on the other side of the infield. He has the athletic ability to play second, he looks to me like a guy re-learning skills as he plays. It is not quite natural for him yet and as it looks like he is thinking not reacting. This can cause some errors as he maybe thinking about where to set his feet or should I try to two or throw to first to get the out and he isn't looking the ball into the glove all the time. But I would expect by the time I see him again in a couple of weeks it should be a bit more "normal" for him and the routine of second will be falling more into place. Beloit is a good place for him to start to work on this. Plenty of time for him adapt and refine those skills, no hurry. That being said it will be his bat that determines his long term playing level and that his the possibility of being very special at second.

I am excited by the possiblity of him sticking at second with Sano at 3rd, throw in a Levi Micheal or Dozier for your SS and Parmalee at 1st. Could be a good hitting group.
    Sano at 3rd, Dozier/Michael at SS, Rosario at 2nd, Parmalee at DH/1b, Mauer at C, Morneau at 1b/DH, Benson at RF, Hicks at CF, and Arcia/Morales at LF
    SP's - Wimmers, Gibson, Hendriks, Diamond, 5th Starter
    RP's - Guerra, Robertson, Waldrop, Swarzak, Perkins, Duensing, and Capps

A look at 2014 or 2015 with all Farm and current Twins Players. Some nice pieces coming up, but i'm sure there will also be a couple of FA's as well pieced somewhere in here.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Considering the injuries and struggles with the Twins MLB pitching staff, is DeVries a guy that could be called upon to help? Does he have the talent to stick? Too soon to tell where he's at?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    At 27 or 28, DeVries is what he is, and he's a very solid AAA pitcher who just hasn't been given a shot with the Twins. He's a solid pitcher, and who knows how he would do in the big leagues. To be honest, right now, he'd certainly be behind Scott Diamond on the depth chart and probably PJ Walters as well. I'd love to see the Eden Prairie native get a chance.

Rosario

Quote Originally Posted by BigVin View Post
    Sano at 3rd, Dozier/Michael at SS, Rosario at 2nd, Parmalee at DH/1b, Mauer at C, Morneau at 1b/DH, Benson at RF, Hicks at CF, and Arcia/Morales at LF
    SP's - Wimmers, Gibson, Hendriks, Diamond, 5th Starter
    RP's - Guerra, Robertson, Waldrop, Swarzak, Perkins, Duensing, and Capps

A look at 2014 or 2015 with all Farm and current Twins Players. Some nice pieces coming up, but i'm sure there will also be a couple of FA's as well pieced somewhere in here.
    Eddie played CF last year in Elizabethton.