Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 101

Thread: Game Thread: Twins@A's 9/20 9:05PM

  1. #21
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,673
    Like
    2,651
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    music tonight?
    imgad1A6123.jpg

  2. #22
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,779
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,404
    Liked 1,905 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Heh, well, the nice thing about Extra Innings or MLB.TV ... you get a break from the local broadcast from time to time. Although, the time I really, really, really would rather listen to Bert is when I'm forced to listen to Hawk, and can't do nuttin' 'bout that.




    Edit: Although, i will NOT be ordering MLB.TV again next year as I just can't stand it over all.

  3. #23
    Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Posts
    1,283
    Like
    82
    Liked 330 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me. Bert Blyleven, who owes his HoF induction to sabermetrics, doesn't know the difference between a PA and an AB
    He knows all the unwritten rules, however.
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

  4. #24
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,673
    Like
    2,651
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Heh, well, the nice thing about Extra Innings or MLB.TV ... you get a break from the local broadcast from time to time. Although, the time I really, really, really would rather listen to Bert is when I'm forced to listen to Hawk, and can't do nuttin' 'bout that.
    badsinging-e1308777679838-300x195.jpg

  5. #25
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,673
    Like
    2,651
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me. Bert Blyleven, who owes his HoF induction to sabermetrics, doesn't know the difference between a PA and an AB
    What did he say?

  6. #26
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,779
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,404
    Liked 1,905 Times in 1,114 Posts
    aww, sheesh ... again ... swing the bat ... just like you can't win the lottery without buying a ticket, you can't get a hit without swinging the bat.

  7. #27
    Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Posts
    2,778
    Like
    664
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    What did he say?
    "Parmelee was 3-4 with a walk yesterday"

  8. #28
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,673
    Like
    2,651
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    aww, sheesh ... again ... swing the bat ... just like you can't win the lottery without buying a ticket, you can't get a hit without swinging the bat.
    So Florimon's the example you'd like the others to follow?

  9. #29
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,779
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,404
    Liked 1,905 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    So Florimon's the example you'd like the others to follow?
    Well, no, of course not ... but you still aren't going to get a hit when you stand there and let the strikes go by.

  10. #30
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,673
    Like
    2,651
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    "Parmelee was 3-4 with a walk yesterday"
    Walks are unmanly. Swing the bat.

  11. #31
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,779
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,404
    Liked 1,905 Times in 1,114 Posts
    And here we go ...

  12. #32
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,673
    Like
    2,651
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    Well, no, of course not ... but you still aren't going to get a hit when you stand there and let the strikes go by.
    Each of the three SO victims swung the bat once. Florimon just did his last. At least Clete made contact, with a foul. I guess I should look to him as the beacon of hope, for when he gets another turn.

  13. #33
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,779
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,404
    Liked 1,905 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Oh good Lord ...

  14. #34
    Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Posts
    2,778
    Like
    664
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    OK get a pair of sunglasses on Arcia already I don't care if its nighttime

  15. #35
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,673
    Like
    2,651
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    And here we go ...
    Maybe Albers can pick up some tips from watching Bartolo Colon and his swing and miss (or look and get rung up) stuff.

  16. #36
    Banned Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    715
    Like
    82
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    6. Think about RB...............RB is entertaining........Has anyone from North Dakota ever been on TV before?.......I don't think RB would make it as big as the Kardashians, but I think he would do just fine.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer gil4's Avatar
    Posts
    579
    Like
    146
    Liked 144 Times in 80 Posts
    Our old friend Francisco Liriano had another nice game:

    Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
    Liriano, F 8.0 3 2 2 3 7 1 2.88

    Then the Pirates gave up 3 runs in the 9th and 1 on the 10th to lose 6-5. My biggest fear is they will release/non-tender their "proven closer" who will then sign with the Nats and then be traded to the Twins for Pinto.

  18. #38
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,673
    Like
    2,651
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,749 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTwinsFan View Post
    I thought maybe the tumble he took caught up with him.
    Anyone get the name of the lucky girl?

  19. #39
    Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Posts
    4,779
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Like
    1,404
    Liked 1,905 Times in 1,114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gil4 View Post
    Our old friend Francisco Liriano had another nice game:

    Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
    Liriano, F 8.0 3 2 2 3 7 1 2.88

    Then the Pirates gave up 3 runs in the 9th and 1 on the 10th to lose 6-5. My biggest fear is they will release/non-tender their "proven closer" who will then sign with the Nats and then be traded to the Twins for Pinto.
    Ack!!! Do not put these thoughts out there in the universe! Shhhh ...

  20. #40
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    4,072
    Like
    1,804
    Liked 1,280 Times in 512 Posts
    Oswaldo Arcia, "outfielder."
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.