09-17-2013, 08:03 PM #21
1. Brian is from Fulton Mississippi
2. He has small town sensibilities... Fulton is population 3,882.
3. Fulton is building a plant for Cellulosic Ethonol. Brian knows what that means for the local economy.
4. Brian is a fan of NASCAR... He was a big Kyle Petty Fan.
5. He wears an Elvis Costume every Halloween
6. He loves Corn on the Cob and eats it by putting the whole cob in his mouth clamping down and pulling the cob out slowly while his teeth pull each kernel off on the way out. Before he swallows the Corn he puts an entire stick of butter in his mouth and then swallows the whole works.
7. Brian likes to read... But he doesn't know how... He simply makes up what he wants the book to say. His favorite book is For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway... Brian says its about a Panda Bear that got lost in Vancouver while searching for a better brand of bamboo.
8. He has the days of the week sewn into his underwear... Since he can't read... He wears Wednesday on Friday.
9. Brian likes piña Colodas and getting caught in the rain... And he laughs when his girlfriend answers the exact same personal ad that he does.
10. Brian also like Puppies and Old People.
Last edited by Riverbrian; 09-17-2013 at 08:06 PM.A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
09-17-2013, 08:04 PM #22
09-17-2013, 08:11 PM #23
The biggest problem with bunting is... It potentially kills the crooked number. 3 4 or 5 run innings win ball games... It's much harder to get the big inning if you are giving up an out... You need string some things together. A bunt cuts the string.A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
09-17-2013, 08:11 PM #24
Does Pelfrey get paid by the hour? That would explain some things.Every post is not every other post. - a wise man
09-17-2013, 08:13 PM #25
09-17-2013, 08:14 PM #26
09-17-2013, 08:14 PM #27
09-17-2013, 08:15 PM #28
09-17-2013, 08:17 PM #29
If you have your ace on the mound, maybe you have a better idea of that number, even early. Or, if you have a good OBP offense with poor slugging, maybe bunting can help you wring a few more runs out, by cutting down on the two-runner innings that don't produce anything.
But I'm laying out extreme cases here; in the average game the early sacrifice is so far from optimal that it's hardly worth looking at anymore.
09-17-2013, 08:18 PM #30A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
09-17-2013, 08:19 PM #31
09-17-2013, 08:19 PM #32
09-17-2013, 08:19 PM #33
09-17-2013, 08:21 PM #34
"I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne. 'Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky'."
- Liked 462 Times in 175 Posts
- Blog Entries
―Henry Jones, Sr.
09-17-2013, 08:22 PM #35
- Liked 1,794 Times in 1,051 Posts
09-17-2013, 08:24 PM #36
09-17-2013, 08:27 PM #37A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
09-17-2013, 08:29 PM #38
09-17-2013, 08:30 PM #39
09-17-2013, 08:31 PM #40