Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is the Twins' Rookie of the Year?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 485 Times in 318 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who is the Twins' Rookie of the Year?

With Hicks dispatched to the minors and not recalled, Arcia scuffling mightily on his last recall, and the only real "success" being Andrew Albers, who gets the nod as the Twins ROY?

if Arcia puts in a decent last two weeks, he could still be in the running for the AL ROY.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think we should almost leave it vacant with how things have turned out. The best candidate is Josmil Pinto, but he'll be a rookie next year too and has been limited to under 50 PAs. Yet still he's nearly our WAR leader (.1 behind the much more played Arcia) and is the only rookie who has positive WAA. Albers has been pretty good and I wouldn't mind if he got it either.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thielbar or Pressly
    Just remember: You put the lime IN the coconut. Only THEN, can you drink it all up.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,240 Times in 493 Posts
    It'll take more than a couple of decent weeks to get Arcia anywhere close to Myers.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 485 Times in 318 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I knew I forgot somebody. Thielbar! He has done very well in his half-season. I suspect there is some smoke and mirrors there, but maybe he gets the award. I'll echo Snepp. Myers is the AL MVP, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    It'll take more than a couple of decent weeks to get Arcia anywhere close to Myers.
    another 10 home runs and 25-30 rbi's should be enough to give him a shot
    that would be decent!

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    I'd weakly favor Thielbar at this point as well, wouldn't be that hard for someone to snag it from with a strong last couple weeks though or if he faltered. Maybe I'll change my mind but even if Pinto hits well the remainder of the season I have a philosophical problem giving a Sept callup rookie of the year.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,240 Times in 493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
    another 10 home runs and 25-30 rbi's should be enough to give him a shot
    that would be decent!
    Sold!
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,280 Posts
    A pretty unimpressive lot to choose from, given the incredible farm system that has the Twins poised on the cusp of world dominance by 2015 at the latest.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Ryan Pressley would get my vote. Pretty good numbers All year long.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 311 Times in 151 Posts
    A great problem to have all these outstanding rookies to pick from. The futrue is bright, indeed.
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 339 Times in 216 Posts
    Bobby Cuellar, the bullpen is the only thing that isn't a mess. Nice work Rook.

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Bobby Cuellar, the bullpen is the only thing that isn't a mess. Nice work Rook.
    I was going to post the same thing.
    Every post is not every other post. - a wise man

Liked 1,602 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Brian Dozier.

Yes, there was a player on the team named Brian Dozier last year. But the one named Brian Dozier this year is so much better than last year's that he is a completely different player.

Hey, if MLB can give Ichiro the RoY at age 28 after 10 years as a pro, the Twins can name Dozier their rookie of the year.

Barring that, I'm with the 'skip it' comment. Naming a RoY from this crop is like sending Coomer to the All Star Game because everyone's gotta have a guy there.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    A pretty unimpressive lot to choose from, given the incredible farm system that has the Twins poised on the cusp of world dominance by 2015 at the latest.
    Chief, first the Central and then the world. Much can happen in 19 months.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Brian Dozier.

Yes, there was a player on the team named Brian Dozier last year. But the one named Brian Dozier this year is so much better than last year's that he is a completely different player.

Hey, if MLB can give Ichiro the RoY at age 28 after 10 years as a pro, the Twins can name Dozier their rookie of the year.

Barring that, I'm with the 'skip it' comment. Naming a RoY from this crop is like sending Coomer to the All Star Game because everyone's gotta have a guy there.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Hicks is next year's Dozier.

Liked 1,602 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Hicks is next year's Dozier.
    Even a league-average Aaron Hicks 2014 would be cell-for-cell do over of AH2013. Let's hope so. Switch hitting is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Thielbar or Pressly
    agreed.
    I says a lot about the sad state of the starters, but Pressly has 73.1 innings pitched. That is good for 6th on the team, and 2nd most from the bullpen (miles behind Swarzak's 92.2)

Albers? No way, 2 great starts to begin his career does not make him a RoY candidate. It's Thielbar or Arcia. As much as I would like to say Arcia because I think he has great potential, based purely on performance (which RoY should be) you have to give it to Thielbar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast