Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Article: Terry Ryan Discusses Ron Gardenhire's Future

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    So he gets himself thrown out so he doesn't have to watch his team? I do believe he is eighth on the all time list. He throws players under the bus because he is happy they play poorly?
    Throwing (only some) players under the bus is a passive aggressive after the fact move. He does zip to change the momentum during the game, when it counts. Just hangs.

Thrown out of a game rarely accomplishes anything. Getting aggressive on the base paths, getting in the minds of opposing pitchers, retaliating for hit batsmen and dirty plays, being energetic and interacting with his players during the game, treating everyone the same etc., does.
    Last edited by Thrylos; 09-17-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    When will the Twins get a couple of those "sell highs"? I wish that that kind of "luck" would "cycle" around here more often than once a decade.

And why are you proud of taking a comment out of context, labeling it false based on your out of context opinion, because it's "done all the time on TD"?
    So now it becomes taken out of context? A one line sentence about an article on the Twins poor drafting with no further insight attached to it and I point out how it is wrong by a team that is surviving well with poor pitching. Taken out of context? LOL. LaBobo attacked saying that I just picked on one sentence. It is done all the time here. It is not a "proud of" thing. It is just ironic that someone would choose that way to attack someone when single sentences are attacked all the time when the rest of the concept is ignored. I guess I will have to PM you the next time you do it.
    The Twins had a sell high situation a few years ago. They were called Matt Garza, Johan Santana, and Michael Cuddyer. When they only pick up poor player from your sell highs, you have nothing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345