Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game 11 - Twins @ NY Yankees - 4/17/12

Game 11 - Twins @ NY Yankees - 4/17/12

Liriano vs. Sabathia

Bases loaded in the 2nd with 2 outs. Hold onto your hats, folks!!

Liriano's not making it pretty... but he's keeping it semi-under control. Could use a handful more strikeouts...

Uh-oh! Span and Gardy headed to the showers. Outfield defense should be interesting the rest of the night...

Liked 668 Times in 430 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Has Span ever been tossed before?

Watching on gameday. Why did they get tossed?

Clete for MVP! LOL

Senior Member Double-A Neinstein's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice hit from Thomas!
    "You teach me baseball and I'll teach you relativity. No, we must not. You will learn about relativity faster than I learn baseball." ​Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deanlambrecht View Post
    Watching on gameday. Why did they get tossed?
    Bad strike call... Front door curve that didn't make front door. Span started jawing an kept going til he got tossed.

Good for Span. Watching on Gameday, Sabathia's been getting everything in the black on the left-handed hitters, and Liriano hasn't. (Not that Liriano's have been better/closer...)

Quote Originally Posted by woolhouse View Post
    Good for Span...
    qft. Fire is the thing this squad tends to lack. Good to see it from the players.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deanlambrecht View Post
    qft. Fire is the thing this squad tends to lack. Good to see it from the players.
    Never seen that from Span. He was pissed... Gardy was pissed over the balk so I knew he was gone once span was gone. I thought it was a balk.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 126 Times in 89 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This game might last four hours. Liriano isn't making it easy by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Has Span ever been tossed before?
    At least once before. He got tossed in Detroit a couple years ago and threw his bat to the backstop. Ended up apologizing to the ump the next day. He's a pretty placid ballplayer but has just enough temper to get him in trouble from time to time. It's good to see a little passion like that sometimes - it was a lousy call, after all - just so long as he doesn't make a habit of jawing at the umps. We need Denard in these games.

Load em' up Liriano!

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherezade View Post
    Load em' up Liriano!
    jfc! Most frustrating starter. Ever. What a head case. 2.1 IP tonight. Nice show, kid.
    Last edited by deanlambrecht; 04-17-2012 at 07:31 PM.

What to do with Liriano? Put him in the DL with head casitis?

Frankie's not even good enough to get traded at this point. Just clueless out there.

I realize the Twins will not give up on Frankie this year, but you have to wonder if we aren't better off getting a look at someone else. There is no way the Twins bring him back next year and I think we may be better off trying to mold next years rotation right now. There is no way Hendricks or Swarzy should get bumped when Marquis comes back in favor of Liriano.

As soon as he exploded on the scene, we should have been working him as a closer. Maybe, just maybe, he'd have been able to keep his lid on for an inning a game. Regarding giving up on him this year, no one would take him unless we covered nearly his entire salary, given how he's pitched to date.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast