Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buxton named BA's player of the year

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Every time I look at Trout's numbers, I do a Patrick Stewart quadruple take.

If Buxton is anywhere close to that good, we are in for fun times.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 195 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb0252 View Post
    There has only been two players to be named baseballamerica's high school player of the year and milb player of the year. Buxton and some catcher named Mauer.
    Which means there is only one who has been named BA's high school POY, MiLB POY and MLB MVP. Let's make it two.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 69 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Which means there is only one who has been named BA's high school POY, MiLB POY and MLB MVP. Let's make it two.
    I like the way you think!

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Of course, before we get too excited about Buck inevitably leading the Twins to the Promised Land, a glance at where the Trout-led Angels are in the standings might be in order.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member Triple-A maxisagod's Avatar
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    Of course, before we get too excited about Buck inevitably leading the Twins to the Promised Land, a glance at where the Trout-led Angels are in the standings might be in order.
    Booo! SD Buhr back me up here, Jim Crikket is being a downer again.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    Most of the blame there can be assigned to the way underperforming, very expensive free agents they've signed.

In terms of team production, there is no reason to compare Trout and Buxton. Baseball is a team sport, so one great player will not lead to the promised land. The Angels screwed up by taking flyers on expensive, old free agents. The Twins don't even sign free agents! But comparing them on an individual level is accurate, and if Buxton can do what Trout has done, or close, along with the Twins providing the help around him that any player requires (which includes more prospects from our deep system finding success), we should be just fine.

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You guys have no idea what you have in Buxton, as a Cubs fan I know teams tend to hype their own. But this is NOT hype on B.B., everything that is being said of the man-child is true. His plate approach, his contact, his speed, his arm, his coverage in CF, they are all well above average if not great. The only question I see is if he hits 20hrs or 30hrs...

I sure do wish he was a Cub...

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
    You guys have no idea what you have in Buxton, as a Cubs fan I know teams tend to hype their own. But this is NOT hype on B.B., everything that is being said of the man-child is true. His plate approach, his contact, his speed, his arm, his coverage in CF, they are all well above average if not great. The only question I see is if he hits 20hrs or 30hrs...

I sure do wish he was a Cub...
    We have no idea what we have in Buxton? Really? Glad to see you agree with what we've known about him for quite some time. He's an absolute beast.

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    We have no idea what we have in Buxton? Really?
    In that
    many Twins fans think it's hype from their own organization. This kid is the real deal and will be the face of the franchise for the next 10+ years

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sacamento View Post
    In that
    many Twins fans think it's hype from their own organization. This kid is the real deal and will be the face of the franchise for the next 10+ years
    We are excited to have him with the big club, for sure.
    Just remember: You put the lime IN the coconut. Only THEN, can you drink it all up.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 25 Times in 17 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wait a second. BA names him player of the year, yet Seth doesn't even give him hitter I the year for the Twins?!? Seth, you are tough as nails.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12