Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The team's next manager

Gardy definitely talks bad about his players.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganTwins View Post
    Yeah as a GM or owner, there is no way I would tolerate this.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 74 Times in 50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganTwins View Post
    How many of you watching at home "speak badly about players"? I do! How many of you post negative comments about players? I do! So if Gardy wants to trash somebody--well maybe that guy actually earned it!

Liked 291 Times in 163 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    How many of you watching at home "speak badly about players"? I do! How many of you post negative comments about players? I do! So if Gardy wants to trash somebody--well maybe that guy actually earned it!
    It seems to me that a manager should confine any negative comments to the clubhouse. What good can come from the manager making a negative comment about a player in public? Why can't this be handled in the clubhouse?

I don't get Twins postgame shows on my cable channels, but I do get to see Scosia and he seems to avoid making negative comments about players in public. I wonder how other managers handle this.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Comments from Phil Miller's Column last night
    "Ron Gardenhire sounded like a manager who wonders how much his team cares. He clearly wants to make life difficult for teams in the pennant race, but his players don't seem all that interested"
    If true, why is this being tolerated by the Manger and the GM?
    I guess the players could care less.
    Last edited by Highabove; 09-15-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Highabove View Post
    "Ron Gardenhire sounded like a manager who wonders how much his team cares. He clearly wants to make life difficult for teams in the pennant race, but his players don't seem all that interested"
    For the most part you are starting players who have no mlb jobs lined up for next year. If they do not play like they care, they can start them out in the minors or not re-sign the 4AAAA players. I would think they have a clue that they should be playing like their job is on the line.
    Albers has pitch a lot more innings than he ever has his career. He might be getting a little deader of an arm.
    Last edited by old nurse; 09-15-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Liked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    I do too, and I don't blame Gardy for the frustration showing. However I don't like it, I hold the manager to a higher standard, fair or not.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Of the players currently playing, my guess is that Thomas, Mastro, Collebella, Parmelee, Diamond, DeVires, Hendriks will not be here next year. The maybe category includes Herrmann, Plouffe, one of Willingham or Doumit, Albers, Pelfrey, Deduno and most of the players just called up and added to the 40 man roster. This should be quite a turnover.
    That is not the issue and Gardy may have called it, the players do not care, if that is the case and even though I am a Gardy supporter, the manager has to go, players are no longer playing hard for him.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    So Grady can't motivate this group, they do not do the fundamentals well, and he is starting to publicly call them out, and people want to keep Grady?
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Do you have a link for that?
    Just remember: You put the lime IN the coconut. Only THEN, can you drink it all up.

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's Gardy's bad... if he cannot motivate his players, he should go. If he has certain unmotivated players, he should sit their rear ends until they get motivated. He can do it, instead of whining to the press about it.

He so has to go. Lost his team.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    So Grady can't motivate this group, they do not do the fundamentals well, and he is starting to publicly call them out, and people want to keep Grady?
    Perhaps you should read the article. It is on the stib website

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Do you have a link for that?
    Phil Miller 9/15 Second Story "Twin don't reward faithful who stuck around"

6-4-3 | Star Tribune
    Last edited by Highabove; 09-15-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrylos View Post
    That's Gardy's bad... if he cannot motivate his players, he should go. If he has certain unmotivated players, he should sit their rear ends until they get motivated. He can do it, instead of whining to the press about it.

He so has to go. Lost his team.
    How many on this team are you projecting to be on the opening day roster in 2015? It's no secret we are holding open auditions, hoping to find a diamond in the rough or a Diamond/Pelfrey/Albers to show where they belong in the pecking order, if at all. At absolute worst they are experiencing a temporary leadership void due to the M & M boys being unavailable.
    Last edited by howieramone; 09-15-2013 at 12:51 PM.

Liked 307 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by howieramone View Post
    How many on this team are you projecting to be on the opening day roster in 2015? It's no secret we are holding open auditions, hoping to find a diamond in the rough or a Diamond/Pelfrey/Albers to show where they belong in the pecking order, if at all. At absolute worst they are experiencing a temporary leadership void due to the M & M boys being unavailable.
    Can you think of another franchise in baseball that would even consider bringing back Ron Gardenhire after three consecutive 90-loss seasons?

And think carefully. It hasn't happened with a non-expansion franchise in over 30 years.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Can you think of another franchise in baseball that would even consider bringing back Ron Gardenhire after three consecutive 90-loss seasons?

And think carefully. It hasn't happened with a non-expansion franchise in over 30 years.
    In the big picture of things I really don't care if Gardy comes back or not. My only concern is the Twins start winning again while I'm still young and good looking. I believe the decision has already been made and what happens between now and the end of the season, really only impacts the individual players, as it should.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Phil Miller 9/15 Second Story "Twin don't reward faithful who stuck around"

6-4-3 | Star Tribune
    Just remember: You put the lime IN the coconut. Only THEN, can you drink it all up.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I guess he got them motivated today.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456