Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Bollinger: Perkins has MRI after forearm inflammation

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bollinger: Perkins has MRI after forearm inflammation

MLB.com's Twins beat writer Rhett Bollinger reports that Glen Perkins will not travel with the team to New York as he remained in the Twin Cities to receive an MRI for left forearm inflammation. Perkins was coming off two outings in which his command of his fastball and slider were seriously lacking despite fairly good velocity -- a common sign that there may be issues within the elbow. The Twins bullpen is already gruel thin as it is however now they may be without one of baseball's best relief arms in 2011.

If Perkins is placed on the DL, what moves do you think the Twins should make?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Those MRIs are expensive!

Liked 139 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker Hageman View Post
    I have no idea, but I'm going to go out in the back yard and throw a few knuckleballs in case Terry Ryan calls.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    It's starting up already. A quarter of the Pitching Staff down before week three.

There's no health issues with this Organization.
    Last edited by Highabove; 04-16-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 336 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker Hageman View Post

They need to make sure the paperwork is in order on the claim they surely had to have made on Michael Bowden, then tell the starters it's 8 innings or bust. This has to be the only bullpen in the league who's career leader in K/9 as a reliever is 7.7. Depressing.

I called Perkins injury on Saturday! Ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeee View Post
    Those MRIs are expensive!
    Sort of, depending on where you are. They're oddly expensive in much of the US, but that's because of our (terrible!) health insurance system, and not because the raw cost of an MRI is actually very expensive in and of itself. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ztoR_blog.html

Liked 2,182 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gil4 View Post
    I have no idea, but I'm going to go out in the back yard and throw a few knuckleballs in case Terry Ryan calls.
    He will.

The scouting department is in the process of calling every single person in every American City in an attempt to solve the pitching crisis with warm bodies. They are calling Oklahomans at this moment so its only a matter of time. Using this telemarketing method... They have signed a lefthander from Duncan Oklahoma named Ron Howard and another lefty from Tulsa named J.J. Cale and another one From St. Marys Catholic Church in Altus named Sister Agnes.

Half of the St. Paul Saints Pitching Staff are no longer listed on their Roster.

You don't suppose?????????????
    Last edited by Highabove; 04-17-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Maybe the Twins should include TJ surgery into all of their minor league programs for upcoming prospects just to get that out of the way

Senior Member Triple-A whydidnt's Avatar
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Very scary. What is going on with these Twins pitchers? We absolutely need a healthy Perkins in the pen this year. Was I the only one nervous last night when we saw Burton warming up in the 8th?

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whydidnt View Post
    Very scary. What is going on with these Twins pitchers? We absolutely need a healthy Perkins in the pen this year. Was I the only one nervous last night when we saw Burton warming up in the 8th?
    No, you were not the only one... I think we all were (are) nervous with our pen and their (mis)adventures.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

How about Jeff Gray warming up in the 7th

Liked 139 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    They have signed ... another one From St. Marys Catholic Church in Altus named Sister Agnes.
    So all I have to do is borrow some black robes and a funny hat, say my name is Agnes, and I'm in? Just let them know that Agnes is about double her listed weight of 125.

Liked 2,182 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gil4 View Post
    So all I have to do is borrow some black robes and a funny hat, say my name is Agnes, and I'm in? Just let them know that Agnes is about double her listed weight of 125.
    I wouldn't recommend the Cassock unless you have a chance with the San Diego Padres. I'd recommend a traditional habit and a white cornette. You'll look like Sally Field but closer to Agnes.

Now you'll have to do something with Agnes... It can get tricky if you report to camp as Agnes and she reports as Agnes. That could cause problems. Not with the Twins but you know who upstairs.

It says in The book of Numbers 26:7 "These were the clans of rueben; those numbered were 43,370"

I don't have to tell you what that means. Be very careful.