Int: 26

Rushing:
    Rushes: 40
    Yards: 225
    TDs: 6
    Fumbles: 8

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 603 Times in 337 Posts
    I predict: terrible and we no longer deal with him as QB.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,203 Times in 480 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I predict: terrible and we no longer deal with him as QB.
    I predict mediocrity, guised as "progress," leading to him being given a longer leash than he should be afforded.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    I predict mediocrity, guised as "progress," leading to him being given a longer leash than he should be afforded.
    I predict you are more likely to be right....and it makes me want to kick puppies.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    GS: 14

Passing
    Att: 550
    Comp: 303
    Yds: 3200
    TD: 24
    Int: 26

Rushing:
    Rushes: 40
    Yards: 225
    TDs: 6
    Fumbles: 8
    If he's allowed to start 14 games with those awful numbers, I would ask why we signed Matt Cassel?

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    I disagree.
    This is the great thing about the NFL. There are no "scholarships" , as there sometimes are in MLB.
    Ponder has no excuse this season. It's his 3rd season, and he has plenty of weapons. The best RB in football, a top 5 offensive line, a good veteran receiver who WILL get open (last year one of the prevailing excuses was that nobody was ever open, which is a pretty big indictment on the coaching staff, if true, considering that AD draws 8 and 9 in the box, meaning single coverage on every play), a top 10 TE, and couple of young weapons who both have a chance to be very good at their specific roles (Patterson as an explosive deep threat, and Wright as a poor man's Harvin).
    Mediocrity will not be accepted this year. Ponder will need to take a significant step forward this year, or his career in Purple is over.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 378 Times in 211 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks View Post
    If he's allowed to start 14 games with those awful numbers, I would ask why we signed Matt Cassel?
    So they could move Joe Webb to wideout?

Don't ask me to explain the Vikings logic with QBs because I have no idea. I just get the impression they will sink or swim with Ponder. I predict they will sink hard.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    So they could move Joe Webb to wideout?

Don't ask me to explain the Vikings logic with QBs because I have no idea. I just get the impression they will sink or swim with Ponder. I predict they will sink hard.
    If they only wanted a backup for emergency purpouses, and weren't going to actually play him unless Ponder gets hurt, they could have signed any number of much cheaper backup QB's.
    I don't think you can judge the current regime based on how Chilly handled his QB situation.
    I was critical of Spielman originally, but I think at this point he deserves some credit. He's assembled a pretty good roster here, with some pretty shrewd moves, and I give him way too much credit to think he's just going to throw it away because he will have blinders on regarding "his" QB.
    The Vikings consider themselves a contender. If Ponder is as bad as your numbers, he will be replaced after the bye.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think he only plays 5 games. He's a terrible QB and will finally get put on the bench. I'll be glad when the Ponder era is over.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 526 Times in 346 Posts
    Man, it's like reading about Plouffe.....

I predict he's the 17th best QB in the NFL, but that Peterson is not a deity, only awesome, and the team wins 7-8 games, and they all blame Ponder...
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Man, it's like reading about Plouffe.....

I predict he's the 17th best QB in the NFL, but that Peterson is not a deity, only awesome, and the team wins 7-8 games, and they all blame Ponder...
    If he's only the 17th best QB in the NFL, he should get the blame. That is simply not good enough for a #12 overall pick in his 3rd year starting, and with the weapons we've surrounded him with.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks View Post
    If he's only the 17th best QB in the NFL, he should get the blame. That is simply not good enough for a #12 overall pick in his 3rd year starting, and with the weapons we've surrounded him with.
    Weapons?! You're serious? I am a big fan of AD, but what else? Don't tell me about a rookie receiver or a TE who only exceeded a measly 40 yards 5 times the whole season. Greg Jennings I'm not convinced on as the Packers don't exactly let guys go with significant value left to give. You cannot judge Ponder whatsoever based on his "weapons".
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Don't tell me about a rookie receiver or a TE who only exceeded a measly 40 yards 5 times the whole season. .
    I think that's a reflection on Ponder, not Rudolph. Ponder has enough weapons, that's an excuse that has to stop. I can pretty much guarantee that if you put this group around an above average QB - they'd put up MUCH better numbers. It's just hard to post much more than 40 yards a game when your QB has difficulty posting more than that himself some times.

Senior Member All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Weapons?! You're serious? I am a big fan of AD, but what else? Don't tell me about a rookie receiver or a TE who only exceeded a measly 40 yards 5 times the whole season. Greg Jennings I'm not convinced on as the Packers don't exactly let guys go with significant value left to give. You cannot judge Ponder whatsoever based on his "weapons".
    Any of the good QB's in the NFL would eat defenses alive with AD, a top 5 offensive line, a pro bowl TE, a proven possession receiver like Jennings, and talented (though admittedly unproven) weapons like Patterson, Simpson, and Wright.

Maybe it's unfair, maybe he was a reach at #12, but fair or not, there are expectations of a QB taken #12 overall. If you just want a game manager, take a guy in rd 2, or trade down to the bottom half of the 1st round. If you take a guy 12 overall, he should be a top 15 QB, AT LEAST, by his 3rd year starting.
    And yes, he does have the weapons to do that. How would you compare our "weapons" to the weapons that SEA and SF had on offense last year? Kap and Russel Wilson both had breakout years with as much or less weapons on offense, both were drafted as recently or sooner than Ponder, and neither were drafted as high as Ponder.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 733 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is a make or break season for Ponder. I don't see any other way to look at it. He cannot have games like he did during the middle of last season. He doesn't need to put up Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees numbers to win football games (assuming of course that Peterson is effective and healthy), but he has to at the least make teams pay for stacking 8-10 guys in the box. If he can do that, Peterson's goal of 2500 yards might not be unrealistic.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 526 Times in 346 Posts
    I guess I think football is a team sport, and you can't blame 1 player for wins and losses. Was Marino awful because hit teams didn't win a lot of playoff games, or maybe it was that the defense was terrible. I still remember people blaming Rodgers for the playoff loss against AZ, when the offense scored 42 points........but ya, my expectations for Ponder are pretty low.....and, since most of the QBs were taken in round 1, shouldn't all of them be good, by the logic above?
    Lighten up Francis....

In the NFL, no position has more of an impact on team performance than the QB. Yes, it's a team game, but the QB makes his skill players better or worse depending upon his play. Ponder is terrible and eventually the excuse-making won't have any choice but to accept it.

Afterall mike, wasn't it you in another thread that said you're interested in results not excuses?

So yeah....he sucks.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 350 Times in 175 Posts
    Ponder is dog****, I hope he breaks his arm ASAP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast