1B Morneau
    LF Willingham
    C Doumit
    DH Colabello
    3B Plouffe
    CF Thomas
    SS Florimon

Things to Think About:

1. Think about Arcia... He's not in the lineup... That Bone Bruise thing? It's a right hander on the mound. So a lefty bat would make sense.

2. Think about the Royals... They were interesting for awhile... But they are falling further back from the playoff race. They are going to have to get real hot again to make up some ground.

3. Think about James Shields... He's been a decent pitcher for the Royals but Will Myers has been a decent rookie for the Rays. I can see why they made the trade but it was quite the price tag.

4. Think about Justin Morneau... Reports of him not being traded is what is circulating around. I'm not sure what to make of that. I could be wrong but that could mean that:

A. No team is interested in Justin for a 3 million dollar rental.
    B. The Twins are thinking about making a qualifying offer of 13.3 Million.

That's a Grand Canyon in difference between A. and B. Of Course I'm wrong... but what is going on... Will Justin be here in September... Will he be here in April. I don't know... Stay Tuned.

5. Think about Cemetery's... A friend of mine lost his father and was informed that the burial costs went up at a cemetery in central North Dakota from when he lost his mother a month ago. When he asked about the increase... It was explain as a cost of living increase.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 167 Posts
    To nights Twins
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    5. Think about Cemetery's... A friend of mine lost his father and was informed that the burial costs went up at a cemetery in central North Dakota from when he lost his mother a month ago. When he asked about the increase... It was explain as a cost of living increase.

Cemeteries and funeral homes sometimes seem more like rackets than legitimate businesses. I am going for cremation and ash spreading in the parking lot of the living art museum.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Cemeteries and funeral homes sometimes seem more like rackets than legitimate businesses. I am going for cremation and ash spreading in the parking lot of the living art museum.
    "If you don't catch up on those last five payments on Grandma... UP SHE COMES!"

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Affiliates games are here

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoPilgrim View Post
    That's... like... so TRUE... on two levels.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 507 Times in 198 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Glunn, that time does not have to come. As one of the remaining torch bearers of the Ancient Astronauts, I can help you obtain eternal life.

Back in 1997, I helped a group that was guided by Marshall Applewhite. I assisted them in leaving their earthly bodies and transporting the full components of their energy to a space craft that was stationed behind the comet Hale-Bop. Their individual energy was then transferred into biogenic pods that resemble the form of my advanced people. They are now quite at home and have adapted to their new surroundings splendidly. I have deemed it to be a grand success.

There is a new leader who has summoned my help to assist and guide his peoples' desire to leave the planet Earth. His name is Andy Cohen and he is the individual that creates most of the television programs on the cable channel BRAVO.

I can make a spot available for you and your family if you would like.

Liked 141 Times in 88 Posts
    Roy Smalley needs to stop saying "in and out." It is getting awkward.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Blog Entries
    And so, ladies and jellybeans, Kevin Correia now has a season ERA below 4.50. Who during the offseason would have guessed this to be possible, so late in the 2013 season?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Roy Smalley needs to stop saying "in and out." It is getting awkward.
    Those not in the Pacific time zone or thereabouts may not appreciate this timeless classic:

1140867.1152052856630.in_n_out2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    And so, ladies and jellybeans, Kevin Correia now has a season ERA below 4.50. Who during the offseason would have guessed this to be possible, so late in the 2013 season?
    Maybe Kevin Correia... but he probably wouldn't have guessed that either.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Those not in the Pacific time zone or thereabouts may not appreciate this timeless classic:

1140867.1152052856630.in_n_out2.jpg
    It would only be ok if he was referencing In and Out Burger. Unfortunately, he was not.

Blog Entries
    Terry Ryan? Maybe? Then again, maybe not even him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    There is a new leader who has summoned my help to assist and guide his peoples' desire to leave the planet Earth.
    Are Internet and cellphone access available there? This is important information before deciding.

Liked 17 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I sweat out every start because I made a $100 bet with one of my buddies at school that his ERA would be 4.50 or higher.

Aside from that bet and continuing to follow Brian Dozier's at bats, this team is the least compelling it's been (now that Mauer is injured) as I can ever remember.
    I just started the blog Troy Williamson's Hands which is about MN sports and whatever else I want to write--you can find it at http://troywilliamsonshands.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @dose17

Blog Entries
    So far, coach Brunansky's apparent advice to "swing hard, just in case you happen to make contact," isn't really paying off in terms of season results.

Blog Entries
    Nice snag!

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 341 Times in 167 Posts
    Clete is just magical!
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast