Thread: Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/25): Sano Homers Twice

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Minor League Report (8/25): Sano Homers Twice

Liked 115 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have the Rock Cats officially been eliminated? Do we think Sano & Rosario will join Rochester soon?

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 339 Times in 225 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    Have the Rock Cats officially been eliminated? Do we think Sano & Rosario will join Rochester soon?
    We can certainly hope so on both counts. New Britain looked a little dysfunctional on FSN last Monday (ie, Smith sending slow-motoring Knudson home, only to be thrown out by about 30 feet was pretty strange) and Rochester could certainly use a shot in the arm to get them over the hump, out of their short-term funk and into the IL playoffs. Pedro Hernandez should tag along, as well.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I listened to the Bowie broadcast. Their announcer said that the amazing part of Sano's two HR's was thar he didn't hit either one real well. He said that this kid REALLY has some power.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No, they're not eliminated yet, but expect it imminently. They play @ Trenton for 4 games - lose any one and they're officially out. Their elimination number is 2, and Trenton currently holds the last playoff spot.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    It is hard to think of a GOOD reason they will not be promoted. I can think of lots of reasons I disagree with.....
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    It is hard to think of a GOOD reason they will not be promoted. I can think of lots of reasons I disagree with.....
    Yes, at the very least let them end their season in a playoff hunt. I don't want the youngsters comming and used to the idea of finishing a season without anything to play for.

WOW, that is ust a freak issue to happen to Max, good thing that doctor gave him the extra stitches. Glad to hear he is still shooting to play, who knows how the healing will go....

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 183 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Yes, at the very least let them end their season in a playoff hunt. I don't want the youngsters comming and used to the idea of finishing a season without anything to play for.
    Um, pretty sure the guys in AA have plenty to play for, and that of course is the potential to get promoted to the major leagues in the future.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Um, pretty sure the guys in AA have plenty to play for, and that of course is the potential to get promoted to the major leagues in the future.
    I think that's understood for all levels, but the added lure of playoff baseball is an additional incentive. Plus, you want your prospects getting a taste of what a run at a championship is like - hopefully gives 'em a taste and whets the appetite for more.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Byron Buxton went 2-2 with his eighth triple.
    8th at Fort Meyers. It was his 18th of the season, overall.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoPilgrim View Post
    I think that's understood for all levels, but the added lure of playoff baseball is an additional incentive. Plus, you want your prospects getting a taste of what a run at a championship is like - hopefully gives 'em a taste and whets the appetite for more.
    Absolutely. I like this idea better than moving them up to the MLB roster for a "taste". Have them make room for Trevor May as well. Nothing hurt by giving them a few AAA games, they've all held their own at AA.