Thread: Article: How old is Miguel Sano?

Twins Daily Writer Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

Article: How old is Miguel Sano?

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When the Twins signed him, I asked Jorge Arangure if Sano would be less of a prospect if he was 18 instead of 16. He said, No, however, there were new rules at that time that meant a 1 year suspension for falsifying documents. That would cost him one year of development to go along with being two years older.

It's funny, or unfortunate, I've been told by some players in the system that certain other players are older than they say. The top two examples probably aren't even that surprising because they are physically pretty mature. Sano obviously is pretty mature too physically and continues to grow. Some say that he is still a kid though, and that's a good thing. He should be. He is one of the more interesting Twins prospects to follow in a long time!

Administrator Double-A Twins Daily Admin's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is an excellent point Cody. There is no doubt - none - that Sano would not be viewed as the same prospect if he is a couple of years older, and the then possible suspension adds a whole new layer to it. I had forgotten about that controversy when he signed. Thanks for posting this.