Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Masahiro Tanaka

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 103 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
    Do we really think the Twins will take another (big) chance with the Japanese market again?
    They didn't send Radcliff out there for fun. Will they sign him? No one knows. I just like the idea of a Tanaka, Gibson, Meyer rotation.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 134 Times in 82 Posts
    Do we really think the Twins will take another (big) chance with the Japanese market again?
    Do you really think that the team would solely base their player evaluation on one player that failed?

The same offseason that the Twins signed Nishioka they bid 7.7M on Iwakuma. He came a year later (A's didn't sign him) and has been excellent for the M's. It also seems that Japanese (and other Asian) pitchers fare pretty well in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by cmb0252 View Post
    They didn't send Radcliff out there for fun. Will they sign him? No one knows. I just like the idea of a Tanaka, Gibson, Meyer rotation.
    They do have money to spend-- so maybe it's a vacation for Radcliff doubling to create fan interest Then when they don't get him they can say they tried. They wouldn't do that would they?

Did they send a high level front office guy to scout Nishi? Or did they just buy on the hype?

[QUOTE=kab21;159387]Do you really think that the team would solely base their player evaluation on one player that failed?

YES

Liked 141 Times in 88 Posts
    They will have to go through the posting system, assuming that his team actually posts him. Then, they have to come in with the highest bid. That's just to get the rights to negotiate with him.

I like the idea of going after this guy, but other teams will be after him too. I hope the Twins see something they like and are very aggressive with their bid.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Liked 52 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Ugh, I'm happy they are looking internationally, but why, WHY can't they go after a power arm?
    He's regarded as the best int'l FA pitcher and that's not good enough? Who exactly is this power arm that you speak of?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 134 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Do you really think that the team would solely base their player evaluation on one player that failed?
    YES
    And that's why they are personally scouting him in Japan?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12