Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Morneau"s Knock on the Melon....

Morneau"s Knock on the Melon....

has turned him into an impatient wild-swinging hacker. Career before the injury, he had 415/595 BB/K which is excellent for a power threat with MVP type numbers. Since the injury, he has 20/51 BB/K(1/7 this season is ridiculous even for a small sample size).

He has become a easy out and rally killer by absolutely swinging out of his shoes at nearly every pitch. Opposing pitchers need not throw him a strike, because Justin will definitely extend the strike zone. He fortunately connected once this year, but I am ready for the return of the old Justin any time he wants to knock this crap off.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    We are only into the second week of the Season. Lets wait awhile.
    Last edited by Highabove; 04-15-2012 at 03:30 AM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by hosskartrite View Post
    has turned him into an impatient wild-swinging hacker. Career before the injury, he had 415/595 BB/K which is excellent for a power threat with MVP type numbers. Since the injury, he has 20/51 BB/K(1/7 this season is ridiculous even for a small sample size).

He has become a easy out and rally killer by absolutely swinging out of his shoes at nearly every pitch. Opposing pitchers need not throw him a strike, because Justin will definitely extend the strike zone. He fortunately connected once this year, but I am ready for the return of the old Justin any time he wants to knock this crap off.
    Completely agree. I don't care how many outstanding seasons the guy has had previously. The past is the past. MVP or not, that was then, this is now. Why should we give anyone time to make the adjustment from playing in the field to DH. Hitting is still hitting, right? Pedigree shmedigree. This is a "what have you done for me lately" league.

Morneau is pressing Gardy to let him play 1st base during the Yankee series. Hopefully, that will help his mental state.

He's got no business batting 4th right now. If Morneau doesn't find his swing pretty soon, he'll earn himself a spot in the bottom of the order - not to say that's where Gardy will ever put him, but it's probably where he belongs (or on the bench, if he doesn't get back on the field.)

I love the guy, but the past is the past. Rod Carew was an MVP once upon a time, too - doesn't mean he deserves a spot in the lineup today. The Twins need a DH and/or 1st baseman who can hit the ball out of the infield.