Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game 8 - Twins vs Rangers - 4/14/12

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Doumit has four singles on the year. I really thought he'd be a good hitter for us, and perhaps he will be....he looks a little lost in RF. Ben plays the OF with authority, but his hitting certainly needs improving. I am still confused as to the reasoning about Clete Thomas, but like you said, maybe TR knows something we don't.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Rochester could use OF help right now. Doumit will catch the ball hit around him. It's the ball that are a little further away that worry me. His hitting will be passable. Might even get a key big one from time to time. Clete Thomas will go get it for that defensive guy role.

Others will argue with me but I like Bens bat. I certainly like it better then Clete. Ben makes good contact and he can leg things out like very few can. Those that argue with me are the ones who like extra base hits. BTW... Ben can get some XBH but he just hasn't yet. Except for homers that is. All in all I'm a put the ball in play guy. I don't like the high strikeout guys.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Carroll needs to move Span over....

Blog Entries
    C'mon Mauer... Cash those in... You are cashing in.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought Ben was really exciting when he came up. Love his speed. Reminded me of Torii. Got sick of people always ragging about his arm strength. I guess I'm more "what have you done for me lately"? Lately, he doesn't seem to have much going offensively. Granted he doesn't have a lot of at bats...maybe it makes sense to send him down to get those AB's.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They won't give Josh anything to drive...unless he makes a mistake.

Blog Entries
    For sure... Players will ebb and flow throughout the season. Except for Willingham... Everybody is ebbing this year. Ben is too young and has to much talent to wait for his turn to play. Rochester makes sense.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is Doumit's chance for a key hit....

Blog Entries
    Well... On to the next inning

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Too many guys left on base. I was at the slugfest Thurs. and they left TONS of guys on that day too.

Blog Entries
    It just isn't clicking yet. Mauer has got to cash those chances in. He's in the 3 hole. That's what a 3 hitter does. That's what a guy who makes 23 million does. When the offense is scrapping like ours. Every chance like that is gold. One 3 run shot against the Angels does not mean he's the Mauer we are paying.

Blog Entries
    The voodoo dolls are still getting impaled. Blackburn? My god do we need some arm depth.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I love Joe, but he is not living up to the 23 mil that they are paying him. Too many infield groundouts and double plays...he couldn't even hit a sac fly in this game. I get frustrated with him. I keep waiting for him to bust out and show us the .350 hitter that he was.

Blog Entries
    Hopefully that will come and he will get real hot for a nice long stretch. He can do that. But for now... All he had to do was produce a grounder. Anything but a strikeout or pop up.

Hopefully Blackburn is ok - Duensing might make the rotation yet...............................

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What happened to Blackburn? Game's not on FSN today so tuned in here to see what was happening. Clete Thomas? The only positive I see here is if it means Revere is back in Rochester learning his craft.

Blog Entries
    Blackie threw a pitch. Trainer came out immediately and they walked off together.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Twins are on FOX. They haven't said what's wrong with Blackburn. Announcers speculating his back.

Blog Entries
    Parmelee not advancing the runner. C'mon now. Left handed and he grounds to 3B. C mon.

Blog Entries
    Span is our Mauer... lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast