Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delmon

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 115 Times in 82 Posts
    Blog Entries

Delmon

Just lost the ball in LF for the Tigers. As bad as he has ever looked in the field. Other Tiger notes, Octavio Dotel dominant in relief against the Sox.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Here's the video...

http://i.imgur.com/noRJf.gif

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Go back and click on Seth's link. You will not regret it. That is AWESOME. We need to see if we can post that somewhere on the front page.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Blog Entries
    I now just have this gif running constantly in the corner of my PC screen. It never gets old.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Bwaaaahhaaaa!
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

With skates on and one more rotation Delmon might have landed that triple axle, along with the silver medal.
    Last edited by Captain Kirkus; 04-13-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do not miss Delmon. He was a very poor outfielder. Drove me nuts. I'm hoping that Josh Willingham can do better out there. THANKS for the video! Classic.

this link is excellent. just excellent.

Liked 12 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think it's actually one of Delmon's better plays as he actually got close enough to make a fielding attempt.

Liked 2,206 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I applaud the effort... That was never a sure thing with the Twins. One thing still for sure... fundamentals is not his middle name.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Don't you forget Delmon had a 2 run homer and is batting .300 He is better than any ofer the Twins have and they gave him away for notting!

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Don't you forget Delmon had a 2 run homer and is batting .300 He is better than any ofer the Twins have and they gave him away for notting!
    exactly, his defense is terrible, but don't we have bad d already. Wish we could have gotten something for him..

Blog Entries
    Hawk Harrelson, as terrible as he is always, was pretty funny in his enthusiasm on that play. I still don't understand how that team doesn't just trade Ryan Rayburn (and they could get some value back) to solve some of this problem.

Blog Entries
    Also, Delmon Young is not better than Josh Willingham or Denard Span, and overall he is not going to be better than the conglomeration in RF.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Delmon started 35 games as the Bucs cfer and played 162 games the next season.He is now only 26years old,
    Gardy never ever gave him full playing time or bat at the top of the lineup. The Twins will regret this one!

Blog Entries
    He did get full playing time and he fizzled out after having one strong year. He has no concept of what to do with his talent. This could have all been different if the RAYS did not push him through the minors so quickly.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    The Twins could of had Longoria instead of Young and Harris for Garza & Bartlett, but Punto was Gardy's pet and could play ss & 3b. See how well that worked out.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Blog Entries
    I think I've defended Delmon more than jusst about anyone - even wrote a multi-part series on him - but he got every opportunity he needed. He just didn't perform, except for 2010. To this day, I don't understand why it didn't work, but it didn't. And the Twins traded him away because they weren't going to offer him arbitration and the shouldn't have offered him arbitration.

Maybe I'm misreading you because of the typo, but if not, this is just plain wrong. Willingham is batting .333 and has more HRs than Delmon thus far this year. His defense may be only marginally better (he's got a cannon arm), but he's been a better hitter this year and over his career, particularly in OBP, SLP, and OPS:
    Willingham: http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?p...level='ALL'
    Delmon: http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?p...level='ALL'

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 195 Times in 120 Posts
    The Twins could of had Longoria instead of Young and Harris for Garza & Bartlett, but Punto was Gardy's pet and could play ss & 3b. See how well that worked out.
    Never heard that rumor before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast