Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Game Thread: Indians@Twins 8/14 12:10PM

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    More bad days then good ones.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,281 Times in 513 Posts
    OMFG they lost this game? I blame myself for mailing it in early.

That, and Doumit's pitch framing.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Just a waste of alot of hits, and lack of one well timed hit.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    Just a waste of alot of hits, and lack of one well timed hit.
    Or more importantly, a lack of pitching and a mismanagement of the bullpen. Scored plenty of runs...gave up too many runs.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,282 Times in 686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    Or more importantly, a lack of pitching and a mismanagement of the bullpen. Scored plenty of runs...gave up too many runs.
    Lack of pitching, yes, mismanagement of the bullpen? Not trying to defend Gardy at all, just honestly interested in your view in that.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Lack of pitching, yes, mismanagement of the bullpen? Not trying to defend Gardy at all, just honestly interested in your view in that.
    I guess it started for me when Gibson was pulled. Not sure I don't see if he can work through that. I know he did the unholy thing and walked a guy, but still.

Then Gardy used one pitcher to get one out then yanked him so he could put in another to get another out. Three pitchers burned after 6 innings. It's a little early in the game and too close to do that and assume your bullpen isn't going to get stretched out. I also have an issue with Perkins being used in a non-save situation or for more than an inning, but I get that some disagree with that, and I can respect that differing viewpoint.

Overall, I should have said IMO. It's certainly a matter of opinion whether or not the bullpen was used properly.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,282 Times in 686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    I guess it started for me when Gibson was pulled. Not sure I don't see if he can work through that. I know he did the unholy thing and walked a guy, but still.

Then Gardy used one pitcher to get one out then yanked him so he could put in another to get another out. Three pitchers burned after 6 innings. It's a little early in the game and too close to do that and assume your bullpen isn't going to get stretched out. I also have an issue with Perkins being used in a non-save situation or for more than an inning, but I get that some disagree with that, and I can respect that differing viewpoint.

Overall, I should have said IMO. It's certainly a matter of opinion whether or not the bullpen was used properly.
    No, I can agree with that, I was just curious. I thought it was reasonable to use Perkins in the top of the 9th and then try to close the deal in the bottom half, didn't work out that way. Fien was uncharacteristically bad unfortunately.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567