Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twins Walkup Music

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries

Twins Walkup Music

I did a little shazaming at Wednesday night's game. Here's what it came up with. If anyone has any others that they can get (or corrections), I'd love to hear them:

Denard Span – Round of Applause by Drake featuring Waka Flocka Flame
    Jamey Carroll – Dirt Road Anthem by Jason Aldean
    Joe Mauer – What You Know by TI
    Justin Morneau – AC/DC – Rock & Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution
    Josh Willingham alternates: Your Love by The Outfield and Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Updated: Ryan Doumit – Mother by Danzig
    Updated: Danny Valencia – alternates: Ready or Not by the Fugees and MMG Untouchable by Rick Ross
    Alex Casilla - Si No Le Caontesto – Plan B featuring Tony Dize and Zion & Lennox
    Trevor Plouffe - ???? by Led Zeppelin

Matt Capps – Sad But True by Metalica
    Last edited by John Bonnes; 04-13-2012 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Fixed a couple I had wrong

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wow. Your lack of music knowledge is frightening! Plouffe's walk up music is When The Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin. Completely bad ass.

Anyone else find "Sad but True" to be rather comical...considering "Coming in to pitch...Matt Capps.." next thing you here "You know it's sad but true..." I know I had a hearty laugh on opening day hearing that.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker Hageman View Post
    Wow. Your lack of music knowledge is frightening! Plouffe's walk up music is When The Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin. Completely bad ass.
    I was much better at this in the 80s and early 90s, back when they had REAL music. #Sonny

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 81 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Plouffe wins that going away. The others are either terrible or very strange choices (Yeah Danny, are you ready to play baseball, or not? and yes, it is Sad, but True that Matt Capps is the Twins closer.

Liked 2,206 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker Hageman View Post
    That's Plouffe's walk up music?

"When the Levee Breaks by the Mighty Ones... Led Zeppelin (1971)

If that's the case... Start him... He's my new favorite player. Walking up to the plate with that John Bonham drumbeat would have to inspire him to greatness. They should let the music play through while he bats. It would raise his average 80 points.

"Si No Le Caontesto" Is that Casilla's nickname?

Ryan Doumit – Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith
    This is a tribute to the ubiquitous plastic cup you get at keggers. Basically a drinking anthem.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post

If that's the case... Start him... He's my new favorite player. Walking up to the plate with that John Bonham drumbeat would have to inspire him to greatness. They should let the music play through while he bats. It would raise his average 80 points.
    He used it last year too. I loved it, and it confused the heck out of my kids, who knew all the other walkup songs. #dadwins

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 81 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post

Yeah, on principle the dude should get a ten-year deal. Especially when compared to the rest of that garbage. Toby Keith? Seriously?

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is a tribute to the ubiquitous plastic cup you get at keggers. Basically a drinking anthem.
    I went to St Cloud State. We couldn't afford red cups, we'd just get the clear ones. The red fancy ones were reserved for those rich St John's kids.

There is a list on Vita.mn that is very similar to yours. I think Doumit has used "Mother" for years with the Pirates and I heard it the other night as well.

Liked 2,206 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was already suspicious of Doumit for other reasons. Yeah, now I'm really concerned. Red Solo Cup... I wish I knew how to spell that sound you make with your lips because I would put it right here.

What's it called blowing a raspberry? the Bronx cheer?

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,184 Times in 631 Posts
    Where, other than a baseball stadium would you hear all of those tunes at the same time................nowhere, I love baseball.

Denard Span must think Josh Willingham is whack!

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kirkus View Post
    There is a list on Vita.mn that is very similar to yours. I think Doumit has used "Mother" for years with the Pirates and I heard it the other night as well.
    To be honest, I'm not totally sure on that one for Doumit. I was having trouble keeping up. Can you provide a link to that story on vita.mn. I was looking for some official documentation on this, and I think they got it straight from Dan Edwards, who plays the music at Target Field.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Blog Entries
    Got the link. Here is the story from vita.mn: http://www.vita.mn/story.php?id=147062235

It has things a little different than me.
    1. It says MMG Untouchable is Danny Valencia, so he might be alternating between that one and the Fugees. If so, it wouldn't belong to Parmelee. I was trying to do these from memory.
    2. Ryan Doumit: Mother by Danzig.

He got his list from Dan Edwards, so I assume he's correct and I'm wrong.

On Thursday, Morneau had Machinehead by Bush as his walk-up song.

GO TWINS!

Robb
    TwinsTakes.com
    Our Takes, Your Takes, TwinsTakes

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Blog Entries
    I'M embarassed to admit this, but other than the closer, do other pitchers have warmup songs? I dont' think I've really noticed.

Liked 12 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    I'M embarassed to admit this, but other than the closer, do other pitchers have warmup songs? I dont' think I've really noticed.
    The Twins used to play "Slow Ride" by Foghat when Kevin Slowey threw his warmup pitches on the mound... Wonder if they're doing that for him at Columbus this year?

Just heard "Crazy Train" by Ozzy when Doumit walked up to hit in today's game.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast