Thread: McFarlane making new 12" resin statues - 1st one is Derek Jeter! Who should be next?

McFarlane making new 12" resin statues - 1st one is Derek Jeter! Who should be next?

There's a story on ESPN's Page 2 site here if you want to read about it and you can order them here for $225! They look pretty cool!

I really like what McFarlane and Todd McFarlane does with his sports line of action figures and collectibles. I have a few of them and they look great. They are usually 6" versions and sometimes they make 3" versions.

Obviously what he's doing with these new resin statues is a whole different level of collecting but if you're that big of a fan of a player or know somebody who is, it would be a great purchase.

They have 2 Joe Mauer figures, one with him catching and one in his batting stance. The only other Twins figures are Torii Hunter and Johan Santana. He should probably make a Killebrew figure! Geez!

He covers only the great players and up and coming rookies and also goes back to the greats of the past with his Cooperstown collection.

Does anyone else collect the McFarlane figures? What do you think of the new resin statues? What else do you collect for fun?

41dd7KrbSuL._SL500_AA300_.jpgpMLB2-10128210dt.jpg

GO TWINS!

Robb
    TwinsTakes.com
    Our Takes, Your Takes, TwinsTakes

Twins Daily Writer Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I have a few of the McFarlane figures but I don't really have them displayed anywhere. I have a small collection of bobblehead dolls but living in a small apartment doesn't leave a whole lot of room to display collectibles.

I only have a couple of mine displayed (Mauer as catcher, Torii Hunter, Marian Gaborik (Non-Injured) and Fran Tarkenton). I have a Killebrew Root Beer (empty) from the game the Twins honored Harmon Killebrew after he died. It's not very organized either. Most of my McFarlane figures are in boxes. Some day I'll make a display, right? Yeah, right!

It's just fun to collect something and as long as you like it, you can't really put a value on it.

GO TWINS!

Robb
    TwinsTakes.com

Quote Originally Posted by TwinsTakes-RD View Post

Does anyone else collect the McFarlane figures? What do you think of the new resin statues? What else do you collect for fun?
    I don't collect the McFarlane figures but I think they are pretty cool. I have a baseball card collection that goes back to the 1950's but I haven't added to it since 1992. I think the next figure should be Ichiro.
    Last edited by powrwrap; 04-28-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Ichiro would be a good one. I think an obvious choice would be Pujols if we're talking about active players and Mariano Rivera for a pitcher. For retired players, I would love to see a Rickey Henderson statue.

GO TWINS!

Robb
    TwinsTakes.com