Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks for the memories, Jamey Carroll

Thanks for the memories, Jamey Carroll

According to Dustin Morse via twitter, Jamey Carroll has been traded to the Royals for our old friend, PTBNL or $$$.

Best of luck to him-- I always loved his effort and hustle--even going all out on a routine ground ball to the SS. Fun player to root for.
    Last edited by Mave; 08-11-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 512 Times in 333 Posts
    Blog Entries
    40 man spot for Mastro, who may or may not also be promoted to the Twins by Thursday. Carroll did his job and made the absolute most out of his abilities. Best wishes to him!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 87 Times in 54 Posts
    MLBTraderumors and Mike Bernadino confirm.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    This makes me want to actually root for the Royals to make the playoffs.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 619 Times in 344 Posts
    One less guy we don't need on the roster, that's a plus. Call up someone who isn't nearing social security eligibility please.

Liked 2,206 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good Luck to Mr. Carroll. Goodbye to a Twin!
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

with Butera and now Carroll gone, who becomes out emergency relief pitcher? Carroll will get career hit #1000 in a Royals uniform.

I imagine Escobar gets called up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave View Post
    Best of luck to him-- I always loved his effort and hustle--even going all out on a routine ground ball to the SS. Fun player to root for.
    Exactly this.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe A. Preusser View Post
    This makes me want to actually root for the Royals to make the playoffs.
    I already was rooting for them to make the playoffs, but yeah..even more now.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,201 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    One less guy we don't need on the roster, that's a plus. Call up someone who isn't nearing social security eligibility please.
    When there's a going-away party in your neighborhood, I'm guessing you're the guy they tap to emcee.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I liked Jamey Carroll, but we don't need him. I appreciated him last season, but he was nothing more than a roadblock now. I'll be a fan from here on out and give him best wishes in Kansas City.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 29 Times in 16 Posts
    I enjoy seeing a veteran like Carroll who has no future with the squad get a chance to make a playoff run.

Any chance we see Thrylos complain that Terry Ryan has given another player away?
    Papers...business papers.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 96 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    I liked Jamey Carroll, but we don't need him. I appreciated him last season, but he was nothing more than a roadblock now. I'll be a fan from here on out and give him best wishes in Kansas City.
    Me 2! +1.

Liked 32 Times in 23 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I really liked Carroll, but he had to go. It should be about the future now.
    Let's go Kansas City! They're like us 3 years in the future!

A comment was made a couple of days ago on one of the Minor League posts about how there really is value in an organization for a guy like Jamey. Going along with that line of thinking mentioned there-- here is what I think the Twins will miss in Jamey Carroll:

Instead of calling him a "roadblock," why not try "placeholder" on for size? Jamey will be missed in the organization for many of the reasons already listed above. A good veteran presence-- Dozier just said on Twitter that Carroll was the, "Best mentor and teammate [he] has ever had in the game," he was a wonderful role model for an organization in transition. He also played the role of the 23rd, 24th, 25th man (as he will now function in KC) incredibly well because of what we mentioned above--which is a huge for a team looking toward the future. Jamey's presence meant that Escobar, and everyone else who isn't ready to advance, can get every day ABs in Rochester. That will now likely fall to the Triune Platoon of Bernier, Clete and Mastro.

So congratulations on the new start in KC, and best of luck to a true professional!!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 61 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    When there's a going-away party in your neighborhood, I'm guessing you're the guy they tap to emcee.

Personal attack!! Brock, please BAN him!

Quote Originally Posted by deanlambrecht View Post
    Exactly this.
    Yep, its OK to be terrible as long as you run out grounders. They've been pounding it into our heads for so long most of us believe it!

But on a serious note, I really did like Jamey Carroll. Flawless in the field. Even got an occasional big hit. I hope he helps KC.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 536 Times in 355 Posts
    Seemed like a real class act to me. Never complained about younger guys taking his spots. Seemed to work hard. An easy guy to root for, frankly. But, given they have other vets to mentor the youth, it was probably time for him to move on. I hope he has a great reast of season.
    Lighten up Francis....

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marta Shearing View Post
    Yep, its OK to be terrible as long as you run out grounders. They've been pounding it into our heads for so long most of us believe it!
    Jamey Carroll is what he is. A guy that can play multiple positions well,take pitches and play hard. We knew he was a goner, but i wish him well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast