08-11-2013, 10:17 AM #1
Game Thread: Twins@White Sox 8/11 1:10PM
Twins: SP Kevin Correia
White Sox: SP Jose Quintana
LF De Aza
Things to Think About:
1. Think about Power... Justin Morneau is finding the seats and so is Oswaldo Arcia. It would be nice if we added some hitting from the rest of the lineup but Morneau and Arcia on a roll is a nice thing to see.
2. Think about AAAA... At AAA... Chris Colabello at age 29 produced a .354 BA along with 24 dingers in 322 at bats... OPS 1.084. Colabello still ranks as the top hitter in the International League this year. Sending him back down to AAA in my mind... would be kinda like saying... "You ain't gonna make it at your age". If Doumit wouldn't have been injured... Colabello may have been sent down to make room for Willingham.
In the majors... Colabello .213 with 4 dingers in 84 at bats... OPS .684... Colabello is starting to heat up a little. In the past 5 games he is 6 for 14... Is he heating up? Let's all hope so. Colabello would be a nice power addition to this club. I haven't given up on him but I will have to give up on him if the Twins do.
3. Think about Kevin Correia... It's a road start... Kevin Correia has a 3.28 ERA at home... He has a 6.87 on the road. Is he asking the concierge for advice on how to approach hitters?
4. Think about the White Sox... They are in last place... and yep... they still piss me off.
5. Think about kids running by the pool... I can tell a kid to Slow Down and I can tell a kid to Slow Up and it's the same message.A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
08-11-2013, 10:54 AM #2
- Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Blog Entries
Colabello has the Twins' third highest OPS since the All-Star break with .796 behind Arcia and Dozier. I hope he continues to get a shot.
08-11-2013, 11:07 AM #3
- Liked 1,830 Times in 1,070 Posts
Not sure I should admit this out loud, but I'm not going to this one either. It's not my fault ... I have homework to get done, plus I am getting a pedicure. Dinner last night was excellent, btw ... yum yum yum! It's not my favourite cuisine choice, but it was still yum, yum, yum
08-11-2013, 11:23 AM #4
Colabello should be getting at-bats. I think his trial will be shorter than younger guys, but if he's a big league hitter, it effects guys like Willingham, Morneau, Parmelee, and even Pinto. I definitely don't want to see him in the outfield in a game that matters, but I would like to see if he can hit in the big leagues.
08-11-2013, 11:58 AM #5
08-11-2013, 12:07 PM #6
In his last 14 games Chris Beautiful Cola has an OPS of 1.030. It's small sample size, and somewhat cherry picking of the starting date, but still, it is nice.
08-11-2013, 12:09 PM #7
08-11-2013, 01:11 PM #8
Alright... Game onA Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
08-11-2013, 01:12 PM #9
If the Sox can bring back these jerseys... The Twins could bring back the Robins Egg Blue.A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
08-11-2013, 01:13 PM #10
Have I mentioned how much I hate wasting at-bats on the likes of Clete, Grampa, and "Bernie"?
08-11-2013, 01:17 PM #11
08-11-2013, 01:20 PM #12
Clete can be a fourth outfielder, although that's not a hard slot to fill (we got Mastro on waivers and he's been fine when healthy). I also don't see the point in not playing Plouffe and Florimonster until they come to the skipper asking for a day off. Which no player that you want will do, of course, so then the coaches have to infer who is hurting and needs a day. Maybe that's what's going on here, but I doubt it.
08-11-2013, 01:24 PM #13
- Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
I'm happy Gramps is playing and Poof sits today.
08-11-2013, 01:26 PM #14
Why is Correia trying to catch that pop up? Where was Morneau?A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
08-11-2013, 01:30 PM #15
Carroll is easy to like, but it's reached the point where his arm is an embarrassment on the left side.
08-11-2013, 01:35 PM #16
As far as Plouffe goes, give him the rest of the year. He was decent until his concussion and calf injury and was still hitting okay for a week or so after coming back. He's been brutal for well over a month, but with no real option between him and Sano, it is probably best to see if Plouffe can "find it" again. Mastroianni is a better option than Clete and they'll have to make decisions next week when his rehab is over. I think the Bernier for Escobar thing has to do with service time for Escobar.
08-11-2013, 01:36 PM #17
08-11-2013, 01:37 PM #18
Mastro can bring some needed speed. The White Sox coaches aren't even bothering to bring the stopwatches to the dugout to time our guys.
Last edited by Riverbrian; 08-11-2013 at 01:41 PM.A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".
08-11-2013, 01:43 PM #19
08-11-2013, 01:46 PM #20