Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Target-ville Bars and Bistros

Liked 12 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries

Target-ville Bars and Bistros

What establishments near Target Field do you frequent before or after Twins games? Please feel free to comment on the food, drinks, ambiance, service, etc!

Can't beat Kieran's patio on a nice day. Probably have to get there pretty early if you want a table, but plenty of room to stand too.

I'm not the biggest fan of their food, but they have plenty of beer options. Also, service has always been pretty good, especially considering how busy they can get.

Liked 131 Times in 84 Posts
    I usually end up at Cuzzy's. It is a total whole in the wall. Their food is ok, but the usually have $3 PBR before the games as well as other drink specials. If you like cheap dark bars, it's a pretty good one.

It's only a few blocks away over on Washington, and it's a quick walk to get to gate #6 by the light rail.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    On nice days, I prefer Darby's deck just outside the left field gate. It is far more spacious and less crowded than any of the First Avenue options. On less favorable days, you'll find me at the Depot a lot of times (halfway between my usual parking spot and the ballpark).

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I go to 508 sometimes after games. They normally have good drink specials if you show your game day ticket. Food is good too.
    Hubert's is also good.
    I bent my wookie...

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    I've been to the 508 a couple of times before games. They have a 2 for 1 drink special on domestic beer with a gameday ticket.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I did a story on this for Maple Street Press a few years back. There are a ton of options.

One new one is the Fulton Brewery Tap House. It's one block WEST of ballpark (west of the light rail line) at 414 6th ave. S. It's literally the Fulton Brewery, but the open the tap house two hours before home Twins games to two hours after Twins games. It's just beer - $5 for their microbrews.

I've always been particular to the old Champps, now Alley Sports Bar. I just love drinking in that alley.

Finally, Glueks has somehow become overlooked. Big beers and the best food in the area, if you like comfort food. Their mac n cheese is crazy good.

Check out the Fulton Brewery Tap Room only a block or so away from Target Field. They are open two hours before Twins home games. Note: Due to a some odd city rules they can't open until 11am if its a noon day game. They only serve Fulton Beer, but its straight from the source. They don't sell food in the Tap Room but you can bring food in, which is why there is a NateDogs cart and and gastro truck in their parking lot.

Pizza Luce on 4th. Everything about it is good - food, beer, full bar, outdoor seating in warm weather, service. Didn't know Fulton tap room was open. Awesome!

Liked 131 Times in 84 Posts
    I might have to go to the Fulton tap room instead of Scuzzy's... I mean Cuzzy's. I forgot that was open now.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,181 Times in 628 Posts
    Love the Alley, great vibe and just a stumble from the park.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,181 Times in 628 Posts
    [QUOTE=John Bonnes;9619]

I've always been particular to the old Champps, now Alley Sports Bar. I just love drinking in that alley.

Most recently Smalley's 87, wonder what happened there? How do you screw a location like that up?

The Loop on Washington Ave. I have consumed burgers at no less than 8o establishments across the Twin Cities in the past year and The Loop Burger is the best.