RF Rios
    DH Dunn
    1B Konerko
    3B Gillaspie
    2B Beckham
    LF Viciedo
    C Flowers

Things to think about:

1. Think about the White Sox... I hate the White Sox... With every fiber of my being. In all sports at all levels... I can't think of another team that I hate more than the White Sox. I hate them so much... I've thought about them 12 times yesterday. I hate thinking that the White Sox could end up drafting ahead of us next year and at the same time... I would hate it more to see the White Sox finish with a better record. If the White Sox were run over by a bus... I would hope that the car behind the bus... Nails them to.

2. Think about Doubleheaders... It makes a great Friday. Not just one...But two games. Baseball is the greatest game in the World. Let's see those pansy Viking players play two games in one day.

3. Think about Power... Gardy appears to be loading up on Power today with the Return of Willingham. Hammer, Morny, Cola, Arcia, Plouffe back to back to back to back to back. If we don't hit some out today... I can't see those guys small balling it.

4. Think about Liam Hendriks... Now that you have thought about him... Think about the last time you thought about him. It's been awhile hasn't it. He was a prospect at one time.

5. Think about Driving... If you drive WRECKless... Shouldn't that be what we are all trying to achieve. I know my insurance company would appreciate WRECKless driving.
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 08-09-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 45 Times in 25 Posts
    I've been reading the forums for a while, and this is my first post here. I decided to share a tidbit that I saw with the reappearance of Hendriks as a starter for the Twins. For the third consecutive year, he is the youngest pitcher to get a start for the Twins.

Yes, I know that he's actually a couple months older than Hernandez, but they're both in their age 24 seasons. I think that it's quite a good measure of the Twins' struggles with developing young pitching talent: Liam Hendriks has been the youngest starter for three years.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 383 Times in 213 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hammer time!

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    1. Think about the White Sox... I hate the White Sox... With every fiber of my being. In all sports at all levels... I can't think of another team that I hate more than the White Sox. I hate them so much... I've thought about them 12 times yesterday. I hate thinking that the White Sox could end up drafting ahead of us next year and at the same time... I would hate it more to see the White Sox finish with a better record. If the White Sox were run over by a bus... I would hope that the car behind the bus... Nails them to.
    As someone who has some small amount of training in mental health I would encourage you to be more open and not try to repress your feelings so much.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Dayan Viciedo was a late scratch from the White Sox' lineup Friday.

No word on the reason for the scratch, but it's possible Viciedo's left thumb is bothering him again. The club should update his status shortly. Jordan Danks replaced him in the lineup, playing center field while Alejandro De Aza moves to left.
    Related: Jordan Danks

Source: Scott Merkin on Twitter

Liked 131 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDean View Post
    I've been reading the forums for a while, and this is my first post here. I decided to share a tidbit that I saw with the reappearance of Hendriks as a starter for the Twins. For the third consecutive year, he is the youngest pitcher to get a start for the Twins.

Yes, I know that he's actually a couple months older than Hernandez, but they're both in their age 24 seasons. I think that it's quite a good measure of the Twins' struggles with developing young pitching talent: Liam Hendriks has been the youngest starter for three years.
    Welcome to TD!

Hendriks is a curious case. I'm personally hoping that site of Cuellar reminds him about how he was pitching in AAA last year and he really brings it against the sox tonight.

RB, I'm with you on this one... I hate the white sox so much... so much. I hate them so much I refuse to give them enough respect to capitalize their name.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,845 Times in 1,076 Posts
    6. Think of me. I'll be at both games. On my way to the first and taking my nephew to the 2nd. P.S Forgot that the red line is reputed and its a bit farther to walk to the Cell

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    CSNChicago.com's Dan Hayes reports that the Rangers have acquired Alex Rios from the White Sox in exchange for Leury Garcia.

Related: Rangers

Source: Dan Hayes on Twitter

Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Scored a GREAT seat. Am not saying where because there is no way I don't make it on tv

Blog Entries
    OK, question of the day: Is this Kyle Gibson's last start? And if not, how many more does he get.

He has 92.2 innings in Rochester, and 36.1 for the Twins. That's 129 total.

1-2-3 for Gibson. Got to like that.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 536 Times in 355 Posts

This is a quality first post.
    Lighten up Francis....

Colabello!!!!!

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Twins SP: SP Gibson and Hendriks

Game 1:

2B Dozier
    C Mauer
    DH Willingham
    1B Morneau
    RF Colabello
    LF Arcia
    3B Plouffe
    CF Thomas
    SS Florimon

White Sox: SP Danks and Leesman

Game 1

CF De Aza
    SS Ramirez
    RF Rios
    DH Dunn
    1B Konerko
    3B Gillaspie
    2B Beckham
    LF Viciedo
    C Flowers

Things to think about:

2. Think about Doubleheaders... It makes a great Friday. Not just one...But two games. Baseball is the greatest game in the World. Let's see those pansy Viking players play two games in one day.

3. Think about Power... Gardy appears to be loading up on Power today with the Return of Willingham. Hammer, Morny, Cola, Arcia, Plouffe back to back to back to back to back. If we don't hit some out today... I can't see those guys small balling it.

4. Think about Liam Hendriks... Now that you have thought about him... Think about the last time you thought about him. It's been awhile hasn't it. He was a prospect at one time.

5. Think about Driving... If you drive WRECKless... Shouldn't that be what we are all trying to achieve. I know my insurance company would appreciate WRECKless driving.
    Another GREAT setup of a game thread.

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries

Welcome, rookie. I look forward to more posts from you.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 492 Times in 322 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not quite as clean in the bottom of the second.

I walk away for a little bit and look what happens. I guess I'm stuck in my chair at work until this game is done.

Blog Entries
    Gibson getting hit hard a bit - lot of fly ball outs.

Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Not that I blame the fans here, but the stadium is really empty

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 492 Times in 322 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Is is safe to say that Dozier has been the Twins' best player since the All-Star break and it isn't close?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast