Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Kyle Gibson Should Stay, Even Though Scott Diamond Was Demoted

Kyle Gibson Should Stay, Even Though Scott Diamond Was Demoted

I looked at the struggles of Kyle Gibson and why he is still with the Twins.

What is clear is that Gibson has much better overall stuff than Diamond. Sending Gibson down to the minor leagues wouldn't do him much good because he would most likely just continue to dominate on his raw talent alone. He needs to stay up in the major leagues and learn how to get major-league hitters out, especially now while the Twins aren't trying to contend.
    You can read the rest of Minnesota Twins: Kyle Gibson Should Stay, Even Though Scott Diamond Was Demoted at Yahoo! Sports.

Do you agree that Gibson should remain with the Twins? Should Diamond also be in the majors?
    I have been an avid fans of the Twins since Kirby Puckett's breakout year of 1986 and have had numerous articles about the Twins published on Yahoo! Sports.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He really seems to be over throwing. I think when he backs of and needs a strike the pitch looks much tighter and more controlled. He should try and pitch like that all the time. He just is pressing so much out there right now. You can clearly see the talent though. Kind of reminds me of Doc Halladay in his first couple seasons (not that Gibson is Halladay).

I agree he should stay and try and figure it out.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 566 Times in 370 Posts
    He should have been up earlier, while his arm was fresh....he should spend the rest of this year in MN.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Diamond has already proven he can have success at the MLB level. I think/hope his issues are mechanical after his elbow surgery last offseason. Gibson is still learning to pitch at the MLB level. Therefor, Gibson will benefit a great deal from learning in the majors while Diamond will benefit a great deal from time spent in AAA. This seems very straight forward.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe A. Preusser View Post
    Diamond has already proven he can have success at the MLB level.
    One season doesn't prove anything...whether it be a good one season or a bad one season.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Joe A. Preusser's Avatar
    Liked 165 Times in 95 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    One season doesn't prove anything...whether it be a good one season or a bad one season.
    To be fair Puck, I didn't say he was a proven successful MLB pitcher. I said he has proven he can be successful at the MLB level." There's a potentially big difference.