Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game 6 - Twins vs Angels - 04/12/12

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Offense showing some life. Lets get a few runs back this inning!
    I bent my wookie...

Quote Originally Posted by shanewahl View Post
    He looks totally off. His delivery is all jacked up. How this happens to a once-elite pitcher is really bizarre. How does he not have a consistent delivery that isn't all wonky?
    Actually, I think it makes perfect sense that a "once-elite" pitcher doesn't have a consistent delivery. Liriano V1 (pre-TJS) had such electric stuff, he was able to get by without having sound mechanics and a smooth, fluid, repeatable motion. At the rate he was going in 2006, no pitching coach in his right mind would have messed with that delivery. Now that Liriano is a coupla years removed from Tommy John Surgery and is getting older, he is having trouble re-inventing himself using the mechanics and tools he has today in 2012. Quite clearly, the Liriano of today is nowhere near Liriano V1. That guy is dead & buried. Time to move on from thinking the guy we are watching now is the same as Liriano V1 from 2006. Two totally different pitchers.

Liked 3,169 Times in 1,356 Posts
    I am so tired of hearing that the job of the 2nd hitter in the bottom of the first inning is to advance one runner one base. This isn't the dead ball era. His job is to get on base. Anything else is a failure. You can't get on base every time, I understand that. But the idea that not getting on base is a success is an insult to our intelligence.

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A wasted at bat by Span. You can't get 5 RBI's in one swing to tie the game. Move those Runners over its the third inning. If Mauer and Span are going to perform like this. Let's get ready for tomorrow.

Alright bases loaded. Mauer this is what you get paid for!!!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    got any power, joe?

Carroll with a professional at-bat there.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Time to start earning that 18 million Mauer!! Let's go!!

Go ahead...prove me wrong Joe!!!

Infield f'n fly, Mauer?!? With the bases loaded and one out?!? And Morneau ends the inning with a flyout to right. Bases loaded with one out and no runs with our 3rd and 4th batters up... *shaking my head*

Quote Originally Posted by TwinVike61 View Post
    Go ahead...prove me wrong Joe!!!
    but Mauer pooped out to 3rd.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    wow, that really hurt.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 566 Times in 370 Posts
    Mauer.........................so sad.
    Lighten up Francis....

A golden opportunity flushed...

Are the boo-birds out at Target Field after that inning?

Wow, seriously in trouble if we can't manage to get one home from a one out bases loaded situation.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonTwin View Post
    Wow, seriously in trouble if we can't manage to get one home from a one out bases loaded situation.
    ...with the heart of the order batting no less....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    I am so tired of hearing that the job of the 2nd hitter in the bottom of the first inning is to advance one runner one base. This isn't the dead ball era. His job is to get on base. Anything else is a failure. You can't get on base every time, I understand that. But the idea that not getting on base is a success is an insult to our intelligence.
    I disagree... Moving the runner from 1st to 2nd can be a waste but if a runner is on second with no out. A productive out makes a ton of sense. If you walk into a game just expecting to base hit your way to victory... That is too much of an all or nothing way of approaching the game.

You don't have to bunt but hit behind the runner. It doesnt even mean make out. Just hit the ball behind the rinner. With a runner on third and one out, the runner can score on a flyball, grounder or Home run. It increases your odds.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanson93 View Post
    ...with the heart of the order batting no less....
    And Haren on the mound

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, the Twins got what they wanted--the sacks juiced with the two former MVPs up and........nothing. Honestly, even with all of Mauer's struggles last year, I don't remember him popping up to an infielder. I actually don't recall a single time where Mauer was retired by the infield fly rule. Probably going out of his comfort zone and trying to mash one.

Blog Entries
    In his defense... He wasnt thrown a single strike. Tough umping in that sequence... But yeah. Show some leadership. Hand the bat to the umpire and say "do you want to try reaching across and hitting that". Then I'd take off my jersey and set it on fire at home plate ala Jimi Hendrix.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast