Thread: Capps closes season's first win / seamheads stand down

Capps closes season's first win / seamheads stand down

All the seamheads foaming at the mouth at the notion of Capps blowing the save last night will have to put their angst on hold, at least temporarily. Hopefully it won't be long until the debate fires up again of how useless the closer role is and how Perkins should pitch the 8th and 9th innings of every game the Twins have a chance of winning.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He was making an awful lot of people nervous today too.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Un

As bad as he was locating his fb today, Hughes could have easily made the play on the hit bag single, and on the gb to Valencia, the guy was out at 1st. So, the fatman was a little bit unlucky, and he did close it, just barely.

Bad thing happen when you don't miss bats. Capps doesnt miss and has never missed enough bats to be an elite closer/relief pitcher. Call me a seamhead.

Get ready for a lot of angst filled 9th innings because this stuff is gonna continue to happen opportunity after opportunity if his K/9 doesnt get better.

I am just not a fan of Fatt Crapps. He is just far too shaky for a closer. He doesn't have a commanding presence on the mound at all. He needs to show some fire out there. I think it would do him alot of good to get a mowhawk and a Mike Tyson stye tat on his face. Or at least a mean ass trailer park woman. I want to see him looking pissed off when ever he takes the ball.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I am just not a fan of Fatt Crapps. He is just far too shaky for a closer. He doesn't have a commanding presence on the mound at all. He needs to show some fire out there. I think it would do him alot of good to get a mowhawk and a Mike Tyson stye tat on his face. Or at least a mean ass trailer park woman. I want to see him looking pissed off when ever he takes the ball.
    Classy AND insightful.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @_2244 View Post
    All the seamheads foaming at the mouth at the notion of Capps blowing the save last night will have to put their angst on hold, at least temporarily. Hopefully it won't be long until the debate fires up again of how useless the closer role is and how Perkins should pitch the 8th and 9th innings of every game the Twins have a chance of winning.
    oooohhhhh.... ****.... this post could not have come at a worst time. Do you need some protection? I can help out. The animals are out on the prowl.

Liked 53 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by @_2244 View Post
    seamheads stand down
    Nope - still foaming at the mouth.

I hope he does great, but I think the best we can hope for is "good enough, I guess."