1B Morneau
    RF Doumit
    LF Arcia
    3B Plouffe
    DH Colabello
    CF Thomas
    SS Florimon

Things to think about:

1. Think about Gardenhire... He's wasn't happy yesterday. I wasn't able to watch the game but Gardenhire was upset primarily over the defense displayed in yesterday's loss to the Royals.

(Private note to Ron from Riverbrian...Please respect that privacy)

Dear Ron... I'm glad you finally went public your disappointment over sub-par defensive play in yesterday's game. I have been disappointed with certain aspects of this team and I feel you. I think fans and players need to see this public disenchantment so your mood fits all of ours. However... Defense hasn't been what I've been upset with this year. I think the D has been pretty good. It's been the offense... I would like them to be a little more professional at the plate from young to old. I know that bolded part is a nasty thing for me to say... but darn it... Good Golly... It needs to be said. Go ahead Ron... And get your dander up publicly when it comes to the offense. I think it's OK to do so.

(OK... You can all start reading again... the Private note to Gardy is over)

2. Think about Scott Diamond... Down to Rochester he goes... He's struggling... Last year he did a good job keeping his ball down. This year he ain't... He doesn't have the stuff for ain't.

3. Think about Aaron Hicks... Down to Rochester he goes... He isn't hitting the ball... I'm not sure how I feel about the send down of Hicks... I'm 50-50 on it... I can see the need for the send down... But I also see the need for a CF at the MLB level when he is in Rochester. For all the OF Depth we have... It certainly isn't up the middle... WE NEED A CF'er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Think about Oswaldo Arcia... We need power... We need it bad... It's starting to become clear that our bottom three in the order is just as capable of hitting the long ball as the middle three in our order... We Need Power... We need youth to develop... Welcome back Arcia... You fit both of those needs.

5. Think about Murphy's Law... Murphy's Law is "Anything that can go wrong... Will Go Wrong"... I was thinking that Murphy's Law can now be proven as fact using the 2013 Twins as example.

I spent all of today... Trying to prove/verify that Murphy's Law does exist. I'm sad to say that I was unable to prove my thesis on Murphy's Law because every attempt made and every avenue travelled... something kept going wrong.
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 08-02-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    5. Think about Murphy's Law... Murphy's Law is "Anything that can go wrong... Will Go Wrong"... I was thinking that Murphy's Law can now be proven as fact using the 2013 Twins as example.

I think that applies to 2011 more than this year. We haven't been overwrought with injuries, we've just stunk :-)

I think our middle IF defense has been very, very good...but our overall defense has been bad, IMO

BTW, who is in CF?
    Last edited by ThePuck; 08-02-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 348 Times in 169 Posts
    Mostly the umpires have done us in.

" Throw me out I can't take any more of this crap"
    This comment brought to you from the Rosedale Mall studio by Hamm's Beer, brewed in the land of sky blue waters.

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePuck View Post
    I think that applies to 2011 more than this year. We haven't been overwrought with injuries, we've just stunk :-)

I think our middle IF defense has been very, very good...but our overall defense has been bad, IMO

BTW, who is in CF?
    Thanks... I corrected it... In CF for the Twins tonight... Kevin Correia!!! Ta Dah!!!

Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Only Joe and Doumit were Major League hitters in July. All the rest hit .240 or below.

Liked 1,297 Times in 750 Posts
    Riverbrian, if you think that bolded part is nasty, your wife is the luckiest woman in the world .... you're just too nice.

might have to crack open a vintage 2013 rondiaz for this.

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Riverbrian, if you think that bolded part is nasty, your wife is the luckiest woman in the world .... you're just too nice.
    I am a nice guy... However... My wife considers leaving a shower towel on the floor mean.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 516 Times in 204 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I am a nice guy... However... My wife considers leaving a shower towel on the floor mean.
    Stop showering for a handful of days - after that she may not view leaving a shower towel on the floor mean. She may start looking at it as the price of doing business.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Darin Mastroianni (ankle) has been sent to the Twins' spring training complex in Fort Myers, Florida to begin a minor league rehab assignment.

Mastroianni initially hurt his ankle on March 25, and Minnesota's medical staff, in its infinite wisdom, prescribed a short amount of rest. The speedy outfielder will DH and play five innings on Saturday for the Gulf Coast League Twins. He'll then sit on Sunday and return to the lineup on Monday. Mastroianni could potentially return to the Twins this month, but all bets are off due to the nagging nature of his malady.

Aug 2 - 1:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    No, that just proves you're a man (still lacks the e in mean).

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Darin Mastroianni (ankle) has been sent to the Twins' spring training complex in Fort Myers, Florida to begin a minor league rehab assignment.

Mastroianni initially hurt his ankle on March 25, and Minnesota's medical staff, in its infinite wisdom, prescribed a short amount of rest. The speedy outfielder will DH and play five innings on Saturday for the Gulf Coast League Twins. He'll then sit on Sunday and return to the lineup on Monday. Mastroianni could potentially return to the Twins this month, but all bets are off due to the nagging nature of his malady.

Aug 2 - 1:21 PM
    Good grief.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Interesting stat. At the major league level, Shelby Miller has only struck out the opponent's #3 hitter twice. That's it. Two times. Both times, it was Joey Votto...who leads the majors in walks by 11 going into play today and was tied for 3rd in walks last year.

Liked 931 Times in 568 Posts
    Just got done watching a girl sport. At least they took care of business and put a smack down on Russia in the World Grand Prix. The kid scored 12 on 9 kills and 3 blocks. Go USA.

Bert's back.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    and they've spent the whole broadcast so far talking about the futility of the Astros. That should be our motto this year, 'at least we aren't the Astros'.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 491 Times in 236 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buckninetyone View Post
    might have to crack open a vintage 2013 rondiaz for this.
    I suspect there isn't enough booze in the world to make this game interesting.
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

Senior Member All-Star
    Yet here I am, watching it.

Senior Member All-Star
    Astros marketing slogan... Your Houston Astros, who the **** are these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by GCTF View Post
    Yet here I am, watching it.
    I'm sitting here waiting for the phone to ring. Someone out there must want to take me out.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast