Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Terry Ryan/Scott Baker 4:00 Press Conference

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Baker has always driven me nuts. He has good stuff, I question what's between the ears. How many times has he cruised through 3 or 4 innings, get into a jam in the 5th, piss down his leg and be out of the game before the 6th?

Only Twin who drives me insane, although Liriano is getting there.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaDave View Post
    I think they deserve blame for the Mauer situation, for at the very least not being clear.
    But I'm not sure how the medical staff is supposed to magically fix arms (which ALL teams in baseball deal with) or fix concussion syndromes. My biggest problem was the fact they would have a guy sit on the bench "hurt" for 4-5 days before deciding to DL him. But I think that is more a GM/Coach issue than a team doctor issue.

The Twins had a million injuries last year, but at the end of the day it comes down to really crappy luck more than anything.

The injuries are mainly bad luck, although I would hope they are looking into their offseason programs ect.

Misdiagnosing inuries however is not bad luck.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I actually had to read the thread a couple of times to get the connection between Baker and Matt Rizotti and the Mayo Clinic and Steam Grates. When you read it the second time... It becomes much clearer.

If you think about what Labombo is saying... its quite simple... Think of it this way.

Willy Mo Pena signed with a Japanese team this winter. He was walking through the woods to get there and he ran across the pope and you know what the pope does in the woods. Therefore Rizzoti likes Gorillas as long as they are not rogue and the Mayo Clinic has a steam grate which is the source of all information contained in the head of George Will. Vodkadave sleeps on this Steam grate blocking anything from flowing in and out. Which makes George Will dizzy but it also contains the Gorillas and Rizzoti is much happier. Therefore Scott Baker could have been traded to the D-Backs and the Twins would have gotten Trevor Bauer and Willy Mo Pena in return. But now Pena is in Japan and its the fault of the medical staff because all the pope wanted was some privacy.

Its really elementary.
    This post should win some sort of Twins Daily award.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSim22 View Post
    Baker has always driven me nuts. He has good stuff, I question what's between the ears. How many times has he cruised through 3 or 4 innings, get into a jam in the 5th, piss down his leg and be out of the game before the 6th?

Only Twin who drives me insane, although Liriano is getting there.
    One could probably count them. Of course, he would then want to do the same for quite a few others to see if that number was much different than it was for other pitchers for that original number to mean anything.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSim22 View Post
    The injuries are mainly bad luck, although I would hope they are looking into their offseason programs ect.

Misdiagnosing inuries however is not bad luck.
    I mentioned in another thread, but I think it's worth a repeat. I poked around with some (admittedly not super deep) research this morning and everything I saw is that Baker's injury was diagnosed (and treated) correctly. (With "correctly" meaning as people with expertise typically would do to get the desired result.)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345