Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Blog formatting

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries

Blog formatting

Just took my first crack at creating a blog post. I simply copied source text from one of my Knuckleballs posts. The pictures didn't carry over, of course, so I went to insert them. I know there's an icon to "insert image" but I don't see a picture when I "preview" the post. Also, I don't see how you would add a caption to the picture.

It's quite a bit different from our WordPress EvoLve theme, but I'll keep playing around with it. - JC

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hi Jim,

If you haven't, be sure to toggle the "Switch Editor To WYSIWYG Mode". When you upload pictures then, you'll get the option to change the size and add a caption. Try that out and let us know if that helps.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm apparently too dense to figure it out (at least late at night). I have the Editor toggled to WYSIWYG mode, but I don't see any options to add captions or resize pictures. When I add attachments, they just go to thumbnails and a link gets inserted in the text, but not the picture. I assume there must be a way to do the captioning, place pictures left, center or right, and wrap text around the picture. It's just not what I'm accustomed to within our WordPress blog.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When you insert the picture in WYSIWYG mode, you can double click on it to adjust the size and alignment. Not sure about adding captions.

Copying and pasting from Blogger (in "Compose" mode) worked just fine, with a lot of pictures and all. I thought the font turned out to be a little small, but I think I can adjust it up before I publish.