Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Minnesota Twins: Many Rare Events in Wins Over Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Minnesota Twins: Many Rare Events in Wins Over Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

I looked at how many rare events, or even firsts, occurred in the first two games against the Angels.

Not only was the grand slam a rare feat for Herrmann, it was rare for the Twins. It was just the fourth extra-inning grand slam in the history of the Twins. The last was done by Joe Crede in 2009 against the Detroit Tigers. The other two Twins to do it were Jason Kubel in 2006 and Cesar Tovar in 1969.
    You can read the rest of Minnesota Twins: Many Rare Events in Wins over Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim at Yahoo! Sports.
    I have been an avid fans of the Twins since Kirby Puckett's breakout year of 1986 and have had numerous articles about the Twins published on Yahoo! Sports.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 114 Times in 68 Posts
    I completely forgot Joe Crede played for the Twins - poor guy only had 2 seasons with more than 500 ABs. Him and John Castino could share some backache stories and shoulda woulda couldas on their eerily similar injury-shortened careers.